my mom just dx. with NSCLC

chrissy63078

Mom mom was just diagnosed with NSCLC. She has (1) 1.7 cm mass which the call the primary cancer and (1) mass that was removed to be biopsied in her axillary lymph node under her armpit. They removed the lymph node to biopsy and see if it was breast cancer when it came back not breast cancer they diagnosed my mom with Lung Cancer Stage IV because the lymph node was a distant cancer.

So sorry to hear the news of your moms diagnosis. You have found a support group here that is very knowledgeable, supportive and will send prayers if needed.

Once your mom starts treatment she will start to feel better. She must fight this and know that LC is not a death sentence. There is so much out there they can do for her. They just have to find the right treatment that will work.

We are always here for you 24/7. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Maryanne :wink:

Chrissy,

I know this is a tough time for you. You probably feel like you've been smacked between the eyes with a 2x4. I have just two bits of advice for you at this point:

1) DON'T get caught up in the statistics. When you get down, read the Survivor stories here on the board. My mom has exceeded her times that we were initially given, and she is still going strong.

2) Take care of yourself, too. We try so hard to take care of our loved ones, we often forget to take care of ourselves. We can't help anyone else if we are comepletely run down ourselves.

Take care and keep us posted.

:) Kelly