My brother Darrell Barnes

Guest sbrumley

Guest sbrumley

On December 7, 2006 I lost my friend and brother Darrell Barnes.

I would like to thank all of Darrell’s friends and coworkers who stood beside him this past year. Darrell had such an outgoing personality, it is not surprising why so many people were his friend. I would like to thank everyone for attending Darrell’s ceremony, it meant so much to my family. Thank you again to his employer Coldwater Creek, you treated Darrell not as an employee, but as family. Thank you to my friends and family for your support and prayers, leaning on you helped me through the last few weeks.

Unless you have experienced it, you can't imagine life without your brother. My whole world has changed and I don't know what to do. It seems like I have no control over my life anymore. Things have changed and I just want things to go back to the way they were before. It's not fair! My brother was a wonderful person. He was young and had his whole lives ahead of them. Why did he have to die? Why?

Darrell use to ask this question. Why did he get struck with cancer? Why did God let him live longer than expected? During my visits to Darrell we had long talks about his illness and the reasons behind it. We never figured it out, but one thing was clear, Darrell wanted everyone to know he lived for tomorrow. Tomorrow he was gong to feel better and buy a new car. Tomorrow has going to feel better and fly a plane. Tomorrow the sun would shine one more time for him. There will be no more tomorrow’s for Darrell.

I still find it hard to believe that my brother is gone from this world. I think what comforts me the most is believing that he is in Heaven with my Grandmother. I believe Darrell is now holding her and feeling the love he so craved in life. I can only wait till the day I will see them again. Darrell, I love and miss you with all my broken heart. I know that you are safe now from all the pain and hurt in this world. That is what helps me to go on.

Your Lil Sis, Sandi

[/url]

Oh Sandi, I am so sorry. If you have time to read the posts on here you will see how much we loved your brother, for his charming personality and the support he gave of himself to us.

You are right as he always looked on the bright side of light. I feel so bad for you as the void he left is tremendous.

I have no answer as to "why" I just know it seems so unfair for him to be taken so young. But like I said in other posts, G-d had plans for him and heaven received a beautiful gift.

Take time to heal and know that he is just a whisper away. Keep those wonderful memories you both shared and Darrell will live on through all his love ones.

We are alwsys here for you Sandi, to help you through this. There are so many here who have walked in your shoes.

Please accept my deepest condolences. Darrell was a class act, and we also feel the void here also as his presence will be truly missed.

Peace be with you,

Maryanne

• 3 weeks later...