Prayers for my sister...

kim

Hi everyone,

I would just like to ask for prayer for my sister Cindy. We lost mom 2yr. ago to lung cancer, my grandmother 5yrs. ago to lung cancer, and my mom's brother, my uncle, has lung cancer. My twin sister has been having trouble breathing when she would lay on her left side so, she got a CT and it showed a pleural effusion. Of course the big lights went off like crazy in my head, "Please not cancer!" There is a good chance though that it is caused by her rhumatoid arthritis. It can cause pleural effusions and even nodules on the lungs. I would just like to ask for prayers for her that this is the case. I am going to the pulmonologist with her on Tues. I have convienced her to ask for it to be tapped even if the doctor wants to do the watch and see method. With our family history, I think it would be for the best. She has a 5month old baby girl at home, and I just don't know, no I'm not going there. Just , please pray for her.

Hi Kim.

You certainly had your share of tragedy's in your family. I am so sorry for all you went through and what you are going through now.

Prayers are sent for good results. Please keep us posted.

Since you have history of LC in your immediate family maybe you should get a CT just to make sure everything is alright with you. I know insurance does not pay for it, but you still may want to have it done for peace of mind. Remember this is a silent killer and anything can be cured if caught early enough. Maybe you could at least start with a check Xray.

Keep us posted...

Maryanne

I just wanted to let everyone know that my sister's thoracentesis went well and they were able to get all the fluid out, all 900+ml. She is having some pain, but there is no pneumothorax on her x-ray. I hope that everyone will continue to pray for her. I also hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks again!