A Wonderful Day

Heather J

I haven't posted much since I came to this site back in August although I do a lot of reading. Without knowing everyone of you has given me strength to get through the difficult times, Hope to get through the down times and knowledge to get through times of question.

I felt nervous about posting because I haven't been there to support each one of you. It has been a very overwhelming summer and in lieu of posting and speaking my support I prayed for everyone.

I should probably get to my good news.... Today after almost 4 months of treatment my Mother was given the news that her cancer is in remission. Both the CT scan of the lung came out clear as well as the follow up CT scan of her brain. She will start preventative radiation to her chest in 4-6 weeks.

I can't even begin to put into words how happy/grateful I am! This has been the most wonderful day in my life and I wanted all of you to know that you helped me get to this point!!!!!

My prayers to all-

Heather

Marvelous news, Heather. Thanks for the update.

For my part, you never need to feel guilty about not posting or about how long it has been. We all do what we are capable of at the time; everyone's demands of time and responsibilites and resources are different, and we are here to welcome and support, not judge.

Thanks especially for all the prayers you've sent winging out. That in itself is preceless.

Take good care!

We always enjoy and love good news. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. We understand how draining and difficult those months of treatment are. Hope she breezes through the radiation. Wouldn't that be grand! Keep us posted Donna G

Heather,

You are so right..it was a wonderful day for you and your family! :D

Thank you for posting and helping to make my day end a little bit brighter!

Debi

47 years old

stage 1a - nsclc

Surgery June 16, 2003- mid & upper lobe removed

Heather,

This is great news. Don't you feel guilty at all about not posting for awhile. You are taking care of your mom which is very important and will post the good news when you have time. Praying for your mom and family every day.

God Bless and praying for a "Cure" for all of us.........

Karen