had a bit of a melt down at work

crystleshoe

It has been a crazy week for me. I work in a very busy pharmacy and we thought that the week of the fourth would be slow but it was crazy. Any way I was off on the fourth and had a big cookout at my house(the first since my mom died) and planned on having the next day off as well but I got a call at 7:00am that one of our pharmacists was in labor(3 weeks early) and one of our interns would be out because of a death in her family so I went to work and busted my butt then my best friend calls and tells me her dog died and the older lady we have working for us (she is the same age as my mom was and she has been a big help in all the stuff with mom) tells me she is retiring and she will be gone in 2 weeks. Well i just stared crying and couldnt stop and had to go out for a walk to get it together. I was ok on Sat. but today danielle brought the papers from her cousins funeral because she wanted me to see some of the stuff the kids did for him(he was only 17 and still in high school)also I am like a second Mom to her and she just needed to talk about it so I was crying again, then my friend comes in and i was crying again. It seems like everything makes me cry these days. I hate being so emotional in public. Anyway I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th

Wow...sounds like you had every reason to have a "melt down". I get not liking to be emotional in public...I don't even like it in private. Sometimes we just don't get the choice, though.

Hoping things ease for you soon!!

Much love...

So sorry to read of your sadness. I'm right there with ya. We never know when those tears will fall, and the faucet simply can't be turned off. Hoping happy memories will bring some smiles to your face this week. Ellie

Sometimes it takes the simple things to set me off. After nearly 5 years I still can't cope with dates that remind me. Yesterday I was so lonely. I wanted company so badly but I knew that even in a crowd I would have felt the same, maybe even worse.

You will learn that grief is a strange animal that will control you in ways you never thought possible but it will also remind you of the love you have known. The tears will come again but they become more cleansing as time goes by.

I'm so sorry you had such a string of major emotional impacts hit you at the same time. We just never know when it is going to strike, do we? I know you hate breaking down in public, but let me just say that I truly admire people who can do that. I think you have a better sense of what is heatly for yourself, as opposed to us 'bottlers'.

We understand. I hope today is better.

Kelly

(((((CHERYL))))) Just sending a big hug to you as you certainly can use one.

I hope today finds you feeling better. We all go through that, but its worse when it just seems to be one thing after another. But tomorrow is another day and hopefully it turned out to be a better one. If not there is always the day after... etc

Find some Cheryl time as you certainly can us that. A facial, manacure, pedicure, a little shopping, anything that will help you relax and reflect on the positive things in life.

Thinking of you and I am glad you are getting those feelings out and not keeping them all bottled up inside.

Hang strong...

Maryanne :wink: