Needle biopsy tomorrow!!

Guest hearrean

Guest hearrean

Well, tomorrow (Monday) is almost here & I'll be having my lung needle biopsy at 8:15 AM at MD Anderson-Houston. They recommended we stay over in Houston afterward instead of making the (2) hour drive back home here to Beaumont, just for precaution. So we'll be back Tuesday. Wish me luck, keep me in your prayers & I'll report back here Tuesday PM.

Ken

Guest hearrean

Thanks so much for all the kind words & well-wishes.

:) Well, the biopsy is over & went fairly well during the procedure. All I can say is that they sure take care of you at MD Anderson. They gave me IV sedation during the procedure, so it was pain free. I had to stay in the recovery/observation room for 4 hours afterward & had (2) x-rays done before they released me.

The problem I had was later immediately after leaving & going downstairs to eat in their cafeteria that I started having pain down in seemingly where the sample was taken and then later the pain moved over toward my right quad & into my shoulder. Once I settled down & stayed still after getting back to our hotel room, the pain eased up. This morning when we got up to drive back home I immediately felt pain (dull) behind my right shoulder in the back, but now all seems to be fine.

The hard part now will be waiting for that dreaded call from the center to come back and see the Doc & get the official diagnosis.

Ken

Guest hearrean

Moderators:

I waws just wondering if I should have put this topic in the Test Time/Updates section? I just now noticed that section. Feel free to move it there if need be.

Thanks,

Ken