Not the news we wanted

luvmydad

Dads mediastinoscopy did not yield the results we were hoping for. It was positive for lymph node involvement. So no surgery, for now anyway. The drs said to not rule it out that it is still a possibility after chemo and radiation. They told him not to give up that he has a great chance of beating this. He will go back the week after Thanksgiving to be given his radiation and chemo "recipe" and we will start from there. I found it very interesting that they told him today that he has probably had this cancer for 5 to 10 years? So we remain positive and ready to fight. When I know what his tx will be I will post that. Thanks for the prayers, and please keep on praying for us.

Teresa

Thanks for all your encouraging replies. This past weekend was worrisome for us. The mediastinoscopy was outpatient and John Hopkins where dad had it done is 3 hours from our home. Dad started running a fever Friday night after he got home and was in bed with a fever all day Saturday. It got up to 102.4 at one point. We where really starting to get worried that he had infection or was getting pneumonia. But the fever finally broke late Sat. night and he continued to feel better Sunday. Thankfully he was able to go back to work today. God is good! :D

Keep my dad in your prayers please.

Teresa.