The fight is on.

peebygeeby

All of you who have replied to me: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have now finally started to think that we too can do this, and keep winning! You are all an inspiration, and I hope that soon I will be the position to offer hope and support to others. I have not yet entered specifics about Hanks diagnosis or treatment. But, as I gather all of this information I will do so.

Tomorrow we begin. First Chemo treatment, the fight is on!!!

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Gail

GAil if you let us know what kind of chemo Hank is on we can tell you what side effects to watch out for. At the top of the page is a button markrd Profile. Use this to write down every appointment and result and type of chemo and every thing medically related so we can help when ever you need it!! Good Luck. Spend the day with Hank! ALL DAY just in case he needs something or just in case. Bring snacks Chees and crackers are good and fruit is also good. Dring plenty of fluids (Water or Gatorade) and keep him hydrated. IF you get into a good routine now it will be easier to maintain good habits!!!!!! :wink:

I hope it all went well today. That first day of chemo was so very rough on my sister, mainly as I called it because of "the great unknown". But she was way more worried than it turned out she needed to be. Eventually, she was the chemo pro! Getting over that first day is a big hurdle and it will get easier!

Thanks guys,

we feel that the first treatment went rather well. Great facility, lots of terrific, caring people.

I have updated our profile. Hank received first round of Carbo/taxol today. So far, so good. His attitude is great! No ill effects, nausea, etc. as yet. Ate a nice big dinner, and we're hoping that side effects will be minimal. I will be here, seeking your help, and reporting our every move.

I really can't thank you all enough. I have never in my life needed help as badly as I need it now, and I never realized what a wonderful support community exists when you need it most. Thank you!

Gail

Hi, Gail, glad to hear it's so far so good. Except for Avastin, which I didn't see you mention, I had the same treatment program as Hank is starting, including the Neulasta injection the day after the chemo. I always felt fine after the infusion, hungry as a horse, and a good part of the next day. Then as the Neulasta was taking effect, the previous day's steroid premed was wearing off, and it was definitely lights out early that second evening. A couple more days of moderate fatigue (an afternoon nap was a must), and the energy gradually increased for the rest of the 3-week cycle. Never any nausea, but some other side effects as listed in my profile. It wasn't the most fun period of my life, but not as bad as I had expected. Aloha,

Ned