chronic

alexan

Hi, Bucky. You'd probably get different opinions on this. For lung cancer, I'd say we're "getting there," and I believe it's helpful to think of it that way. For the majority of people, we're probably in a long, gray transition zone between terminal/fatal and chronic/manageable, and a lot depends on an individual's general health and how aggressive his/her particular cancer is. Again, just my opinion. Aloha,

Ned

If someone has lung cancer then it's treatable.

In my humble opinion if its chronic or not it's treatable. Not to mention, they have come a lonnng ways in the treatments for lung cancer. :wink:

As long as they can treat the cancer, we have a fighting chance. There's also HOPE!

Radiation treatments continue to work for months after we complete the treatments, as do many other kind of treatments. Just because we are not doing treatments daily or weekly doesn't mean the one's we have done aren't still working for us. We have to believe that and we have to try and remain positive.

Today is Another Great Day To Be Alive! :D Today is ALL we have! Tomorrow never comes! :wink:

Repeat after me: I am beating this, I am beating this, I am beating this. And when you say that, do it with a smile on your face, (fresh air is good for your teeth)! :D:wink:

Sending you MY POSITIVE VIBES AND HUGE FRIENDSHIP HUGS!!

Lung cancer is ttreatable. We can do things to manage it. Understanding and knowing the research community, right now they are trying to get to Chronic then curable. Chronic is kinda like diabetes, You live with it and manage it on a daioly basis. THis is where tarceva fits in right now. Once that stage is reached then research beginds towards CURABLE!! the goal is to stay alive to get to that point right now by making it chronic.. Thats how they are thinking right now!

You'd probably get different opinions on this. For lung cancer, I'd say we're "getting there," and I believe it's helpful to think of it that way. For the majority of people, we're probably in a long, gray transition zone between terminal/fatal and chronic/manageable, and a lot depends on an individual's general health and how aggressive his/her particular cancer is. Again, just my opinion. Aloha,

Ned

Ned,

Thank God for you! You express facts in such a good way and it's so refreshing to have you as a distinguished member of the forum.

Thank you for not trotting out the smoke and mirrors with your answer.

This post will probably get nuked, as do most of mine (and others) in this particular forum, so I'll copy it and pm you too, in case this disappears -- which it shouldn't. I simply want you know how lucky we are to have you here.

With deep respect,

Welthy

Hello Bucky,

I don't know if it is a universal thing, but our oncologist, and radiation oncologist, plus the pulmonologist and Bill and I, are treating this as a chronic.

The oncologist works to find the best chemo appropriate to the situation, and we watch the reports of the scans (I read them with a fine-tooth comb). We watch for anything questionable and do ask these professionals to interpret.

Awareness is the name of the game. Having missed a few issues in the past, we have become vigilant to a fault.

We intend to be here as long as humanly possible. Hey, we like the planet. There are treatments, Bucky, and so far, the biggest side effect Bil has had is his fatigue with some.

He doesn't even count the loss of hair. After all, he always had more hair than any one guy ever needed.

Shampooing takes less time, shaving has become a quick run through (need electric razor due to Avastin).

Generally, summer's coming and it should feel cooler under the NYFD cap - which states on the rear - stay back 200 feet. :roll:

Barbara

"alexan"]Is Lung C allready consider and treated like a chronic desease???

thanks & hugs bucky