And here we go, UP again.. He is HOME!!!!!

MsC1210

Mom just called me and she AND Jerry are HOME!!!!!!!!!!! He is very glad to be home and was actually eating when Mom called.

I have a bit more info tonight and will get the rest tomorrow when I am able to sit down with them and go through the paperwork and meds and all.

I CAN say, he has been officially diagnosed with NSCLC and he is on Tarceva. I am not sure if this is standard first line treatment? Anyone? I am sure that I will be able to learn much more now through the NSCLC forum here as well as track down more on my own, too.

Thanks so much for putting up with me while we got through this first nightmare stage. I am so grateful, as are Mom and Jerry for all of your wonderful and thoughtful responses

love and hugs to all

Chris

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!! YIPPPPEEEE!!! Chris, as for the Tarceva, I think it is used more and more in older patients and patients in a weakened condition as first line because it is milder than the chemos that were originally used as first line. This has been an observation of my own and is also based on experience with my mom. Of course, ask the experts and the very knowledgeable members of this forum. I'm just so happy for your family that Jerry is home.

Hugs,

Sue

Chris-

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ABOUT D@MN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for all three of you. Bet he and your mom sleep well tonight!!! And you, too!!

I agree with Sue - maybe his age has something to do with him being started on Tarceva as a first line treatment. Also, since he received radiation and is in a weakened state, they may have felt that would be easier on him

Anyway, once again - YAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUgs - Patti B.

Home, sweet home. I am so glad that he is happy at home - he is eating, your mom can relax for a moment or two and for now things are looking up. It was a hard stretch to get here - hopefully things will go more smoothly now.

Welcome home Jerry and mom - you fought hard to get him to this point and you should be so proud of yourself.

Hugs to all of you,

Linda

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU..

I am going to be leaving in a few minutes to go spend some time with Mom and Jerry and will post later when I get back home. Mom has a ton of papers she wants me to look through with her so I am sure I will have lots of questions once I get done.

I cannot put into words how much all of your replies have meant to me and to my Mom and Jerry. She is reduced to tears, as am I, when I read them to her and it just really is appreciated so very much.

Hugs, love and my sincerest thank yous!!!!

Chris