Got my dx

gthappen

Thank you all so much for rallying around me. I can only know that each one of you knows first-hand how warm and nurturing it is when you can feels the hugs of others.

(((LUNGevity)))

A rep called from UNC Dr.'s office to tell me that a brain MRI would be scheduled for that day. I'll take a CD of the MRI with me to the Dr's appt. on Tuesday. Seeing my Dr. at 10:30 and meeting the oncologist at 1:30.

I have SCLC and will know on Tues. if it's extensive or limited.

The needle biopsy went well but I was out of it the entire next day. Terrible gas to cause terrible pain. It's over today, though and I feel myself again.

I have been doing a LOT of reading on this site. What a true blessing all of you are!

Yesterday Todd and I cried. We let it out and resolved to FIGHT.

I am ready. Scared, but READY:)

Deep Breath------I'm READY.

Lots of Smiles and Hugs,

Kathy

Kathy, That's all you can do, put on your game face scared or not and dive in. Treatment for most isn't a walk in the part but often not as bad as expected. That was the case with me.

Good luck and come back for empathy, a laugh or a hug whenever you need it. I tend to rely heavily on humor to get by and these people just make me laugh.

Judy in Key West

Hi Kathy. Now that you are beginning to get the results back and a plan in place, it is great to see the fighting spirit beginning to take over. We are all here to support and help you in anyway we can. Take care.