New to the site

LadyHarley

Hello,

Like many of you I went to the doctor with what I thought to be a small ailment, not expecting to hear you are now in the fight of your life, and I knew I wasn't in Iraq.

I was diagonised in Feb 08 that I had stage IV, non operable and no radition. Had a 3cm tumor in left lung, a 2cm met on the adrenal and a couple of real small mets on lower disks. My new life, second life, changed life begins.

The news came to me at 49 and I was a smoker(put them down cold turkey in Feb), beside the smoking my body was pretty fit, nothing majorly wrong. I was told that cancer is not good for anyone and its not nice, however if there is any consoluation here you should be a good canidate for the future......something I will always remember, here come the tears.

- I had 4 rounds of chemo and I got a good response to the meds, shrunk size and no new growth.

- I am now on cycle 6 of maintenance durgs, a trial drug and Avastin every 3 weeks and nothing is growing, this is such good news.

- I have had many side effects but nothing I haven't been able to handle. And I still have side effects, a new one each day I think. Hell I can't tell the side effect from getting older.

- Oh yes I turned 50 in July

- Need to quit writing so I will quit crying.........

At this point I am feeling good, and enjoying life. God Bless!

I hope you are crying cause You are happy!!!! :wink: Its ok cry away tyoe away whatever helps YA feel better! Kudos on turning 50 !! WOOHOO and here is looking to 55!! Yeah!!!

What is the trial !? thank yoyu for participating in a trial ! This is a big step for anyone I know and Dont think of yourself as a guineau pig, per se!! but a pioneer helping find a cure for LC in some way! That is commendable!

Live laugh and Love Hang in there and do what feels right! Keep us posted when You want to we have seen and been through it all.. and like motel 6 we leave a light on for Ya!!!

Hugs and Prayers for more good news!!((((((((LAdyHarley)))))))

Hello Lady and welcome!

I am sorry you had need to find a site like this but I am so glad you have joined us. THIS is the best site for support and information, advice and HOPE.

I am guessing by your screen name you are into bikes? I hope you will share more about that with me/us in the coming days.

Please keep posting and let us know what you need and how we can help you and know that there is always someone here on LCSC that will be more than willing to help.

Hugs and Prayers

Christine

Thanks for the warm welcoming and God Bless. And thank you for sharing your husands story and what you have been through. I guess I didn't list a reason what or why I was at the site. To find others in my situation, comparison, when I get scared or feeling alone.

LadyHarley

Thank you Randy, wonderful website!. And thank you for sharing your story.... I found this site on google. I get curious about my health and the state I am in compared to others. You ask if I was crying for happiness, and the answer to that is not really. I am very happy, but yet I cry. If this diease did anything to me it made me one emotional gal and rightfully so.

And thanks be giving to those whom are experimenting with trial drugs. The drug I happen to be on is Enzastaurin by Lilly. Of couse this trial drug could be a placebo, but I no better. My Doctor states I am charting some new terittory with my combinations and that is exciting for both me and future others. Again thanks Randy

LadyHarley

Thank you Christine. It's sites like this that calm us, pull some back together and are always open. Yes, I will expand more on the Harleys, both my husband and I have bikes.

I have to laugh at myself.....am I posting back/replying like I need to be? For some reasons my post don't look like they are in the right place. Maybe it's the chemo brain working.

As you've seen my posts I am just glad to know you all are here, and will listen. And if I can be of assistance to anyone please let me know.

LadyHarley

You are doing fine with your posts, don't even worry about that. There is no true protocol for replies. Once you get more comfortable please have a look around the other forums and feel free to post to those as well. You will get more detailed replies to specific questions by posting in the various forums.

AWESOME... I ride but don't have a Harley. (YET!!) There is nothing like seeing the countryside from the back of a bike. Definitely takes your mind off your troubles for a while!!

Feel free to drop me a PM any time if I can be of help.

Hugs

Chris

Hi LadyHarley welcome to the site. As you have seen we are very welcoming here.

My mom has a Harley. He is about 2 ft long and 10 inches high and loves to eat. He doesn't go very fast so he's not a fun ride like the real thing.

Denise

Hi Lady

Welcome to this great site. You will find lots of support and knowledge here. I had my Lobectomy and officially diagnosed with L/C, 1 week after my 46th birthday. I was a smoker as well and had my last cigarette on the hospital grounds before going in for the operation. I joke that when the surgeon cut open my lung there was a puff of smoke came out. LOL

There are alot of non smokers on this site as well. Take care and keep posting.

Thank you all for welcomining to the site. I so do appreciate it, its appearent you all have been there/here. I am so greatful and blessed. I am still navagating through the site, and all the reading I've been doing. There is so much to read...I could pull a little from each writing and create myself.

When I do have questions I will ask, and if you have any please ask. Just still trying to understanding my new person.

LadyHarley - 2006 Two-tone, Softtail Deluxe...haven't rode in a good while

My Hubby - 2003 Classic

LadyHarley