SCLC

jstdzy

Congratulations !!! As other's have said, please share your story with us. Good news stories really helps so many of us especially new members who are looking for hope. I also had hearing loss from Cisplatin.

I'm not sure of protocol here, if I can pose a question here or should ask somewhere else. Admins, if this is improper - please remove and notify me, I will learn here, I promise.

JstDzy - you posted hearing loss confirmed due to Cisplatin. If it's not too rude of me to ask, how did this happen? Could anything have been done to prevent it? If I'm out of line, please let me apologize now...

Cmilo,

It started out with my ears ringing in July '08. My OC told me it was probably due to the cisplatin and did I want to continue with my last round of chemo in Aug? Having ringing ears or possibly dying (in my mind) of lung cancer wasn't a hard decision. They don't really tell you what to expect with chemo, because we all react to it so differently. If you're Dad's ears start ringing worry about it then, you have enough on your plate right now. Take it as it comes, it all might turn out amazing! My prayers are with you!

P.S. Thanks for posting the link and the welcomes!