Hi, New Here

Kathy M

Hi,

I'm new to this website, although I've been lurking for a while. I was diagnosed with NSCLC in October of 2007, Had my left lung surgically removed in December of 2007. Then I had 4 rounds of chemo. In Nov of 2008 I experienced mets to the brain. The tumor was removed from the brain and that surgery was followed by 14 days of whole brain radiation.

Most of the time, I handle this pretty well, but I sometimes sign on here looking for additional information and/or inspiration on how to handle certian situations. So helpful! Thank you so much!

Kathy

Kathy, lurkers are always welcome here. We're glad we can be of help but don't hesitate to ask specific questions or raise specific topics. There is nowhere where it is more true that there are no dumb questions.

As you know if you've been reading, we are all about hope. I've been NED since my first round of treatment but I still focus on survivors with multiple cancer events. I know if it happens again, like your mets to the brain, initially I will freak. But after I freak, I will remember all the people I've met who have survived more than one cancer occurrence.

Judy in Key West

Kathy-

Welcome!!! Sorry you have the need to be here but this is a great site with lots of support, and mostly HOPE. We have members here who have beaten the odds and are such an inspiration!!!

Please keep posting and let us know what we can do to help you.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hi Kathy,

So glad you came out from hiding and decided to join us. I wish more people would as we cannot help them if we do not know they exist. I am sure you know how helpful and supportive we are.

So welcome here. Sorry to hear about all have gone through. But it seems like you are handling things well. You have a good attitude and you know that is half the battle. You can't win this if you have a bad attitude and won't do anything to help yourself.

Take care.... keep us posted on your progress.

Maryanne :wink: