new

mona

Hi, my name is Mona. My husband was diag on the 6th of Feb with lung cancer. We have been married 37 years come May. This past Tuesday they told us it is stage III. So doesn't look like surgery is possible. I am 13 1/2 years younger than he and I am scared! I am looking for a strong Christian women to chat with, I need to know that I am not alone in some of my doubts about the furture. :(:?:

Hi Mona. Of course you are scared. After getting the initial diagnosis is the scariest time. Once a treatment plan is in place you will have something else to focus on and get in fighting mode. There are many survivors here who have outlived many statistics. LC is not a death sentence...please remember that there is always HOPE. This website is full of caring knowledgable folks who are here for you with any questions you might have or for support. Please keep us posted on how you and your husband are doing.

Sandra

Hi, Mona, welcome to the group. I was diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IIIb almost 30 months ago, and I'm still here and active. Read some of our stories, including mine via the link below, and don't pay any attention to statistics. Let us know what treatment is planned for your husband, and we can give you some helpful hints on dealing with side effects. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Mona. My name is Lynn. I was also 13.5 years younger than my husband. We were also married in May - for 27 years. I'm a Christian, too, so it seems we have much in common.

You have already received great advice from Sandra and Ned. I'm sure others will be along shortly to welcome you to our family. We're a friendly and knowledgeable group!

If there is anything I can help you with, just send me a PM.

Mona-

Welcome to this site. So sorry about your husband's diagnosis but you have come to a great place for support.

Please let us know your husbands treatment plan and let us know how we can help you. Ask questions here or just come here to vent - we will be here.

Hugs - Patti B.

Mona - I am so sorry about your husband's recent diagnosis, but you have come to the right place for support and people who can help you through. As others have said - never give up hope.

I know it is terrifying, but as a Christian you know you have to lean on God and let Him carry your burden when it gets too heavy. I found it helpful to talk to my priest during times of doubt and it was beneficial.

I am so sorry you and your husband have to walk this path - it is definitely not an easy one, but you have come to the right place to help you in this journey.

Linda

Mona, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Listen to the messages of hope and help. I'm 16 months out from a dx of IIIb and have been in remission since last April. Keep a positive attitude and encourage your husband to do the same. You might want to read him some survivor stories on the site.

Judy in Key West