Results

Isunique

I will be seeing my onc on Monday to get the results of my cat scan and blood work. Of course I picked up a copy of the cd and report. Lungs are clear (happy dance) but they found a left superior pole renal cyst. Unsure if it is just a simple cyst or means more. Worried since my brother passed away from kidney cancer. I know that I can handle anything that comes at me, because I have grown so much since the DX. Coming to this site and while not always posting it gives me a inner strength. It is hard to put into words, but by reading the stories of others helps me in a way that only the rest of you might understand. If any body else has had this issue I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks and have a great weekend

Sarah

Sarah, I'm no authority but over the years I've learned to associate cyst with "benign" unlike tumor which could be either. Don't know what the medical differences are.

Good luck on Monday and CONGRATULATIONS on the clear lungs. Celebrate this weekend.

Judy

Sarah-

First, CONGRATULATIONS on your clear lungs!!! Thats awesome!!!

Secondly, don't worry too much about the kidney thing until you talk to the doc - my first scan I got a written report as I always do and I freaked out because it showed something on my liver which I think they referred to as a hemiangioma. Well, turns out, its still there 2 1/2 years later and the doc says it has to do with..........getting older!!!!! :shock::shock: That one I totally don't understand!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Let us know!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Sarah,

I don't mean to make light of the finding on the kidney, but during the last four years, they have found countless "anomolies" on Bill's scans.

First, they introduced the thyroid "thing," and he had a biopsy. Nothing came of it because it never was conclusive of anything. It still shows up on scans. It is still the same as it was back four years ago.

Also, things turn up on one kidney and so far, nothing untoward seems to be in view.

What I think, and surely you will be always (as are we) checking, but most of it is our "growing older."

I call it important to be "cautiously watching." We tend to keep these things in our purview.

Lord only knows how many thoughts I have manifested in my mind's eye with Bill.

Maybe, sometimes, there is an OCD to this, but hey, who cares, as long as we get to "know" more?

Barbara

Thanks everyone. I am pretty sure it is nothing to fret over and I am still doing the happy dance over the clear lungs. I won't let a thing like that stop me from having a good time and enjoying the things I like to do. Tomorrow we are going to a bike blessing and then I am off to a craft show. I know that my mind will play tricks on me and I have to learn how to qwell those feelings, it is hard but I'm trying. That's what I love about this site and the folks here, friendly, helpful and understanding. I will post back on Monday afternoon when I get back from the onc.

Have a great weekend

Sarah

My scans have always shown a cyst on my kidney. The doctors were/are not concerned about it at all. It is always noted on my scans. My doctor told me that many people have cysts that are not harmful.

Hope this helps.

Carol

Thanks again guys. Sandra I hope that you are feeling better. I plan to go to the gym and get in some swimming and then relax in the hot tub before I go to the docs. I will post when I get home.

You guys are the best

Sarah

Okay, everything is cool. Doc said the cyst was nothing to worry about. I don't have to go back now until December for a Cat scan and bloodwork.

Thanks again everyone.

Take care

Sarah