What would you rather have?

Calintay

If you could choose to either have a landscaper or a housekeeper what would you choose???????????

I am taking a well deserved break from yard work. Now I don't mind mowing the yard but as far as weeding, and planting flowers and dealing with the bugs I HATE yard work. I have only screamed a few times from those little annoying bugs that make my life miserable :roll: I have two kids so that should tell you how bad I hate yard work I would rather clean up after my kids. :roll:

With 4th of July coming I am doing the weeding which honestly I have to say I have never done, not sure I am getting the roots but at least it looks better :shock:

Out I go!!!!!!!!!

if Ya don't get the roots the weeds come back with a vengeance!! At least they do at My house!!!!! could use the gardener around here. its just too hot out there for me!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Definitely a landscaper. When my boys were young and at home, I probably would have chosen a housekeeper but now, it seems the main thing that needs to be done often is picking up Tanner hair. I would love to keep a beautifully maintained lawn with tons of blooming flowers and lots of hedges...all evenly trimmed. With the Florida temperatures, it's just too hot to do much outside other than mow the lawn.

I just LOVE yard work - I spend hours outside every day - I have winding paths in my back yard that I enclosed with rocks - really pretty!!! As far as weeding goes, it helps to think of them as something or someone you don't like - ripping their little heads off!!!! LOL!!!

You know you can try Roundup - but keep in mind that it kills everything green so don't get it on any flowers or grass. But if you have a large spot of weeds, it will kill it, roots and all. And after you have everything weeded real well, use some Preen - you shake it on and it stops stuff from coming up from seed!!!

Now....can someone help me with my housework - I have spent so much time in my yard that the inside of my house has gone to hell!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

In my current state, definitely a housekeeper! My mom has been here for the past month or so fulfilling that role but she is leaving soon.

I think I will pay my kids this summer to try and keep it up. My previous high standards have been lowered a bit lately but I still can't stand the dust!

Definitely a housekeeper. I used to have one and absolutely loved it!! Alas, it's not in the budget anymore.

When I strike it rich (hahaha), not only will I have a housekeeper, I'll have a chef, a chauffeur, a landscaper and a pool man! And with all that free time, I'll become a world-traveler -- on my private jet, or maybe even on my luxury yacht. Hey, why not both! So I'll need a pilot and a captain, too. Might as well dream big!!

Lynn

Like Pattie, I love love love yard work. The dirtier the heavier the better--oh, that was before I had cancer. Right up to the wire though, I could go out and work in the FL sun until I dripped, come in the house and cool off in the air and go back at it again. Weeding is actually therapeutic for me, it looks so tidy when it's done.

Housekeeping I hate. I did it for years while raising our children. Now I still manage to have one come in every couple of weeks. I told my husband I would get a job clerking at KMart if I had to in order to keep her.

Judy in Key West