Having a hard time.

Remembering Dave

Hey folks, I seem to be having a hard time dealing with things this Christmas lately. Not sure whats going on. I should be ecstatic due to my last scans went well but I am just so tired all the time and have no energy whatsoever. I am working 4 hours a day and am just so wiped out after that. I am not making it easy for my wife either who does such a good job of taking care of our little girl, not to mention me. I just get so cranky when I am tired, which, like I said is all the time it seems. I don't feel like posting replies to folks who need the support more than I do although I do read everyones posts every day. I have always had such a positive outlook on my prognosis never once thinking this is going to get me and don't get me wrong, I am not doubting that I have beaten the beast ..... I'm just tired of being tired and cranky. I can't seem to help it. I know that there are people who have it much worse that I do here but folks please keep me in your prayers this Christmas season. You will all be in mine.

Thanks for listening.

David C

David,

I wish there was someway we could bottle the energy of a two year old and give it to you.

I have had some very trying Christmas's as well. Just the whole idea that Christmas is supposed to be so happy. I think the commercialization of Christmas gets to alot of us. We need to reflect on what Christmas is truely about.

One thing I found that has helped me especially at this time of year is to set up my grow lights. The kind you would use on plants, and sit under them everyday. I think the short days and lack of sunlight has a lot to do with fatigue. I know I feel better when I use them especially in December and early Jan.

I do wish you and Karen a quiet, spirit filled Christmas this year. Be thankful for what you have, each other.

I am glad you posted as I have been wondering how you were doing.

Take care.

Much love,

Shirley

David-

Thanks for being candid with us, and sometimes just writing about things helps to clear the air and set us on a better path. Be sure to tell Karen personally how much you appreciate her actions and support...it will make you both feel better. You are definitely in my prayers for increased energy and well being. Have a blessed Christmas with Faith.

David,

I think that many of us here went from a busy, on the go, "full" life to being too tired and worn out to do much of anything. And for many of us it seemed to happen overnight. I know it did for me. One day I was driving my bus, doing the job I loved, and the VERY NEXT DAY I was so weak I could not lift my arms above the stearing wheel on the bus. And on that day my life changed ... drasticaly.

But you know, it hasn't been all bad. Not by half. I've been forced to do something I probably should have done a long time ago. Slow down! And in doing so I found I've been missing so many good things going on right around me. For instance: I had a "bad" day today with my breathing so I spent a lot of the day on the ol' oxygen machine. A couple of months ago that would have driven me right out of my mind. But today I watched my two cats watch the world through the screen door to our back yard (living in Southern California does have some advantages when it comes to weather :)). Leaves would fall or get blown by the wind and they looked like a couple of bobble head dolls with their heads wired together.

So maybe your being tired is just one indication that your supposed to sit still, hear and see what's going on around you?

Just a thought.

Dean

David you will be in my prayers ! My Mom went through the same thing you are mentining, she was exhausted . I think she wanted to be back to 8 hrs,, she went from 4 to 6 to soon...she was so crANKY! We love her! Hate to tell you this but she was in bed by 8 and working 4 hours for 6 moths! This is due to pci... her friend having brain tumor rad (for a large tumor unrelated to lc) coun't work and slept 8-13 hrs during the day! It is hard but don't push it! Rest and know that It will get better with time!

God bless you and your family.

Merry x-mas

Laurie

David

I understand what you are going through, but try to remember that you just went back to work, even if its only part time, its a big step after what you have endured in the past few months. Your body is trying to tell you to take it easy. I am fortunate that I am self employed and work from home so I can pace myself but there were days when I couldn't force myself to do much of anything. I also think the holidays are stressful for everyone, whether we have an illness or not. Don't be too hard on yourself, I'm sure your wife and family understand.

Bess B

David,

please don't put more stress on on yourself by worrying about not responding to posts. I went through a funk very recently, too, and it passed as it will for you...just give yourself time to regroup and get up some energy.

My predisesors here have given some wise advice. Mine is kind of simple. Sit down!!! and then sit still, think, think about all that you have to be thankful for and try to focus on that. Then have your wife and daughter sit with you. Just sit and be together, be still, be silent, and be comforted. You are together. That is THE most important thing. You love one another, also VERY IMPORTANT. Just let yourself breathe. Sigh.

Stop worrying about all the things that need to be done, and that you are frustrated with your lack of energy, energy comes only after you allow youself to store some up. Thank you wife for her support, and try to take a breath before you speak (something I have yet to master, but am working on it) to avoid saying something that you may regret.

This is a stressful time of year, and we tend to make most of that stress by worrying about what we're "supposed" to do (everything) and how we're "supposed" to feel (cheerful and jubulant). Not easy, for ANYONE. If we would just make things simple, than we would simply enjoy this time of year.

Try to do that. Take care, you are in my thoughts and prayers, and we are all here for you. Deb

This time of year seems to be stressful for a lot of folks. I don't have the energy I had pre-diagnosis, surgery and don't think I'll ever be there again. I have been trying to get back to work, but not much going on in my neck of the woods. Looking for part time also, but somewhere real close to my house. Oh well, not real sure I could handle any more than 4 hours a day myself. You are in my prayers and I also think that you should just give yourself a break right now. Don't push too hard, just accept it and try to enjoy everyday. It can't hurt to relax a little more.

David,

YOur body needs time to heal with all that it had going into it these past months. Your mind needs time also. Just sit back in your chair and instead of watching cats like Dean (which I thought was great!), watch your little one explore all the great toys she will be getting at Christmas as you did when you were her age. Just sit back and try and enjoy the energy of the little one and maybe she can generate some for you too.

I am sure your wife understands so don't fret. Try for a great Christmas of just the three of you sharing life together. Love

David, my dad is experiencing similar thing as you. He has weird dreams at night that couldn't sleep well, in daytime, he is tired always that he needs to go to bed for rest. Sometimes, he has headache that one night, he almost cannot bear the pain. I guess this is the side effect of both PCI and taking Prednisone. Now he is off from Prednisone.

David, hang in there as these side effects will go away soon. :)

Hey David,

You will notice a lack of posts from me as well recently. Sometimes we just don't feel like yakking, for any # of reasons, from physical to emotional..and suprisingly enough, from good or bad moods!

Worry not, everyone here worries when there is a lack of posts for other reasons, and frankly, we are glad to find out it's not "what we think" :wink:

Rest, enjoy life and don't worry about what us old crumedgeons think..