Mom will get fiducials for cyberknife-UPDATE Oct. 8th

shineladysue

Decided I would continue with my mom's upcoming cyberknife prep in this forum because everyone knows to look here. Tomorrow, Sept. 29th, Mom will get fiducials implanted for her upcoming cyberknife. This has been a long time coming , but I think she is finally getting there. Just as a safety precaution, the doctors want her to be admitted after the procedure for an overnight stay . The procedure puts her at risk for lung collapse and due to the fact that she has had so many recent invasive procedures to the lung they feel this is best. So, the procedure will be done at 8:00am and then we sit and wait and hope everything goes smoothly. Again , your positive thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. Thank you all so very much for your support. You have no idea how much it has all meant to my mom.. I will update as soon as I can, but we don't have any means of doing that until we return home.

Love,

Sue

Tell Gwen I am rooting for her!!!! YEAH!!!! The doctors have good plans based on prior experience and thats a wonderful thing!!!!

Sayin extra prayers UNDER THE Stars tonite!!!!

Maryanne and others,

Mom has not started cyberknife yet. She just had the fiducials put in this past Tuesday, the 29th. For those that aren't familiar with cyberknife, the fiducials are gold (yes real gold :) ) seeds that are injected in the tumor to mark it . A scan is done with the markers and then the cyberknife robot must be programmed with exact information pertaining to her tumor. We don't know when the actual cyberknife will be taking place, but it will be very soon now. She did well with the fiducials part, as I posted above. Thank you all so very much for your support as she goes through this .

Hugs,

Sue