new to site

carnel

Hi Carole!

So.......you found me here ~ great! Remember to call whenever. Have you heard any of your scan results from the weekend? Also ~ any idea of when a bipsy may take place? Hopefully you'll be able to send your 'stuff' to NIH soon.

Hopefully,

Kasey

Carole, welcome to the site. When you have a little more info about your cancer, we can probably offer more advice on what to expect in terms of treatment. I read you've been in contact with Kasey. You couldn't have a better guide in this than you have in her.

Keep posting and we'll keep trying to help.

Judy in KW

Welcome Carole,

I don't think you'll ever regret finding this site and sharing your story with all the wonderful people here. You'll get answers, opinions, stories, hugs, comfort, prayers and sometimes just a feeling of someone else that "gets it."

Hi, Carole, welcome to LCSC! You've certainly come to the right place for support.

When you need answers to more "medical" type questions, I suggest that you visit cancergrace.org (GRACE — Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). GRACE is led by Dr. Howard "Jack" West, a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions online. A lot of us are "dual citizens" and have the same usernames there as here.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Carole,

So glad you found us. I see you already have made contact with Kasey--she is a wealth of knowledge and a source of inspiration.

It is not unusual at all to be in shock for a little while after your Dx. Once you get a treatment plan in place and you feel like you are doing something to fight, it seems to calm down a bit--to what we call the "new normal."

I hope you get your treatment plan soon and that it will be successful!

Susan