New To Group

Hi, my name is Carol,I was diagnosed with NS Squamous Cell Carcinoma on October 2nd,2003.from then on it was a whirlwind courtship with cat scans,MRI,Pet Scan and finally a Mediastinoscopy on October 20th and surgery on the 24th.A right upper lobectomy. It's been a hard two months with a bit of pain, the most challenging was sleeping. Christmas Eve My Doctor started me on Neurontin which has truly been a blessing for me.

Today writing this post, I'm doing well.

Everything happened so fast, I didn't have time to think,it's only now I am beginning to have time for my thoughts and my blessings.

We are each of angels with only one wing.

And we can fly only by embracing each other.

Thank you for this message board.

Carol,

I am sorry you had to seek us out, but VERY glad you found us.

I see you have the same brand of this beastie in you that I have. I'm very glad to hear your doing well. I was diagnosed about the same time as you and your right about the first couple of months being an E ticket ride. Like you I'm just reaching the point where things are settling down a bit. Here's hoping things stay that way for awhile for both of us, huh? :)

Dean

Hi Carol;

Also wanted to welcome you, glad you found us and know one should have to go through this alone!!!

They took my left lung over 2 and 1/2 yr.'s ago. It will heal but will take some time. Sleeping has always been a problem for me too, I was just sleeping on my right side and taking tylenol PM. It worked pretty good most of the time, of course that was well after the initial surgery.

Yes, you do have much to be grateful for today!, we all do, it's called SURVIVING, and it's a good place to be!!!

again glad your here!

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Angels with one wing, you should fit in well with Dean who wrote a great post on the spirit pool. We are so lucky to have people like you sharing your thoughts with us. It has been 6 yrs since I started this journey but I remember well those first months, they really wear you down, you need those other wings real bad. Great you have found us. Donna G

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the group of great people. Anything and everything you want to know can be learned right here. Without this group I would be so overwelmed I would be lost helping my husband through these sometimes rough times.

You are sounding like you have a hold on yourself and that is great! So glad the chemo is working good for you. Keep coming back for it is great to have people to talk to who are going down this same road.