CT Scan Results

WinsorCat

CT OF THE ABDOMEN WITH CONTRAST AND CT OF THE CHEST WITH CONTRAST, 01/02/04

CLINICAL HISTORY: Lung cancer, restaging. Patient had surgery and radiation therapy.

CT of the chest and abdomen was performed. Oral and intravenous contrast has been administered. Seven mm transaxial sections were obtained. Comparison was made with a previous study from RAA Imaging dated 9/16/03.

The left-sided pleural effusion has completely resolved. The end of soft tissue density linearly located in the left upper hemi thorax medially was noted. This has remained unchanged. This represents postoperative fibrosis or fibrosis related to radiation. A few tiny calcifications in this region probably representing ______calcifications. The rest of the lung fields are clear. No hiatal or mediastinal masses or adenopathy is noted.

CT sections through the abdomen reveal normal liver. The gallbladder is also unremarkable. The adrenal glands are within normal limits. The spleen is unremarkable. The pancreas is within normal limits. There is no evidence of ascites and no retroperitoneal adenopathy is noted. The opacified loops of bowel are within normal limits.

IMPRESSION:

1. Complete resolution of left-sided pleural effusion since the previous study from RAA Imaging dated 9/16/03.

2. Left upper lobe fibrothorax with a band of fibrotic change in the left upper hemithorax medially with minimal calcification. This is essentially stable and unchanged. Some of the changes are related to previous surgery and radiation.

3. Lungs are clear and no evidence of hilar or mediastinal adenopathy.

4. Normal CT of the abdomen.

Maybe wishful thinking but I thought this was pretty encouraging after Radiation....start chemo w/clinical trial D 0112 tomorrow....again thank you all for your encouraging stories and god bless you all!!!!!!

Yes Winsorcat;

This is very good news!!!! :):):) , May it continue on and on for you!!!

And good luck with your upcoming chemo, and stay right there in that frame of mind that you have today!! :):)

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Thank You all for the encouraging posts... met with oncologist today and she said that while the results are encouraging dont get my hopes up... she said when the surgery was done in November there was cancer all over the outside of my lung that doesn't show on the Ct Scan. I,m not a professional on this but doesn't sound quite right but she is the expert .I am still gonna enjoy the feeling I've had that I'm winning this war!!!!!!!!! :twisted: