Status update

karenwentzel

Sorry I haven't posted any updates lately. I have been so tired lately that it's all I can do to log on and read the posts on GRACE and Lungevity. Here's the good news though. The reason I'm so tired is because while I am having daily WBR, I have gone back to work! I just finished my 2nd full week of work. I have been off chemo for a total of about 6 weeks now to do the WBR, and I feel so much better! I am still achy from all the bone mets, but I have been able to get by with Advil at work. I will have 4 weeks after next Tuesday to enjoy then will be rescanned. If there is any progression, I will start back on chemo (blah). I will take it though cause for now, it's my friend.

I am growing some hair back!!!

-Karen

what color cape are you wearing SuperWoman!!??? that sounds awesome for you!! take care and keep us updated!!

Wow, Karen, you've been through it since Feb. And back to work! I really admire people who can work and do treatment. How is the WBR? People don't say much about it. The one who did in a group here in Key West scared me to death thinking of having it. Sounds like you are handling it well.

Judy in KW

Hi Karen,

Good to hear from you again,you really are something special,going though treatments and continuing to work?I hope you are taking care not to overdo things.Sorry to hear you are going through this WBR,I am thinking and praying for you and Sara that the treatments you both are going through are 100% effective with minimal side effects.

Thanks everyone! The WBR has not been bad at all. I only am doing 14 treatments and will be done on Tuesday. My rad-onc says that usually the last week and a few weeks after is when the fatigue will hit. I have to say that the fatigue cannot be any where near as hard as with chemo. The worse part of WBR for me is the mask as I am claustrophobic. I just go to my happy place and before I can pray The Lord's Prayer 2 times, it's over! I see a bright light and taste/smell bleach during each treatment. I am told people report all kinds of wild stuff like this.

-Karen

Wow, it sounds like you are doing a great job of hanging in there. I hope the fatigue doesn't get you down too badly afterwards, but if it does, there's nothing wrong with just taking it easy until you feel better. Glad you checked in.