New poster

chani

Hello,

I'm hoping that my post will go through and that I'm registered properly. I'm a supporter of two family memebers with cancer. My dad has scc of the lungs. His primary was on his ear, it moved to the head and neck and is now in his lungs. He's had radiation of the head and neck before it was found to be in his lungs. He is now recieving chemo. My sister has breast cancer and is also recieving chemo.

Chani1

Chani,

Welcome to the "family". It sounds like you have your plate full at the moment. Please feel free to ask questions, complain, seek prayer or whatever you need. This group of people is the MOST caring, compassionate bunch I have met and I am sure they will be able to answer any questions you will have.

Prayers for your family are being said.

God Bless,

MO

Chani1,

I only just got here, myself, but welcome! My brother (DavidC) was diagnosed last March with SCLC at age 38 (now 39) and that's why I'm here. He finished treatments last October and is doing fine now -- well, he's fighting bronchitis at the moment, and still struggling to get his energy back, but we are so thankful for where he's at. How old is your sister? And where are she and your father being treated? I will keep your family in my prayers and hope all goes well.

BeckyCW

Chani1,

You got your hands full with father and sister both on chemo

at the same time, just be there for them, and keep some

of your strength you will need it looking after them, but

the results are sometimes very good, so lets hope for that.

Take it one day at the time, yesterday was there, tomorrow

will be here, but you live in today, so make the most of it.

Love

J.C.

Chani,

Go to your profile (the link to get ther is at the top of this page under the "Lung Cancer Message Boards" title along with links to the faq, search, memberlist, etc.

Once you've gotten into your profile you can edit it all kinds of ways. Down at the bottom there is a place to upload an "avatar" (that's what those pictures are called. Find the picture you want on your machine (scanned or digital camer or such) and upload it. It will appear with all your posts.

A note: if you change your avatar at a future time it will change on ALL your messages, even those you already posted.

Hope this helps.

Dean

Dear Chani,

I welcome you with open arms and encourage you to continue to stay with is on this board for support. HOWEVER, I HAVE to share with you that your father does NOT have Lung Cancer. From what you have explained, your dear dad has ear/head/neck cancer that has SPREAD to the lung? If this is the case his cancer would NOT be considered lung cancer, and will NOT be treated as lung cancer like those of us on the board.

I have to share this only because I wouldn't want someone to misundertand (or have you missunderstand) and give you some very helpful advice and have it NOT help in your dad's situation. I hope you understand what I am trying to say here. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions. I am only trying to protect you and the members of this board so that no one will give you misguided information.

YOUR MORE THEN WELCOME TO STAY WITH US.

Prayers to you and your family. Sounds like you have your hands full.

Hi Connie,

I see where a huge problem in understanding my posts could exist. In both introduction posts. Before I learned a little about this website I posted here where I'am now, posting a short introduction. Earlier today I posted in the main "introduce yourself" section antother introduction. Your right...I have made a bad mistake in my description of what kind of cancer my dad has. It is squamous cell carcinoma (SKIN CANCER) that has moved to the lungs. Skin cancer that moved to the head and neck and then to the lungs... I do understand what area I'm in and that it is not exactly specific to my fathers situation. I'm sure sorry about this misunderstanding and I hope I have not led anyone into a stray or confused anyone. Thanks for pointing out this error to me!! :oops: I'll cut and past this into the other topic site titled Explaination...

Chani