All done

Michele

Hello everybody just want to spread some good news; my husbands treatments are over with and his cats can shows no cancer.( limited stage small cell) it has been a long 4 months but are prayers were heard and chemo and Radation worked so far. He will be scanned every 3 months. They said no pets can for now they said it would do more harm than good right now which I'm a little confused about that. He does have a enlarged node in hilar region but they can't tell if its scar or inflation but they will watch. Now I'll just pray that it doesn't come back and we could move on... My next scan is in Dec 13 hopefully I'm good still... Thank you for your support... Michele

Michele

I am so happy for the news.  I am not trying to be negative but make sure to enjoy every minute with your family.  

After my first battle the scans came every 3 months, then 1 a year.   

I enjoyed a long long time but unfortunately it returned and now the current fight.  Regardless enjoy every minute.   

Best wishes

David

David ; I'm so sorry to hear it came back.yes I am happy his scan came out Ned but at the same time I'm still very worried .small cell is so scary.what type of treatment are you having second time around? Is it still limited stage? I will pray for u that your treatments work. Thank you for responding .hug and prayers..michele

Michele - 

Great news on your husband's scan!  Both my oncologist and radiologist said that PET scans within 90 days of radiation have a higher change of false positives, hence the "more harm than good" because of unnecessary stress and worry.  I finished radiation in May, had a CT in August and a PET in October.  I'm back on the 90 day scan cycle.

Looking forward to more good scan results!

Hello all,  

Michele, I really had to sit down and think about all the treatments for a minute.   I really have not focused on that portion, it has been more of YAY another day and roll from there. 

You have me thinking now lol, I am going to have to get a list of all the chemotherapies that I have had the displeasure of getting to try. 

I am still Stage 4 it is in several spots in my lungs and metastasized throughout my bones.

So from the beginning, it was Lobectomy, Craniotomy, NED for 4 years, Reoccurrence then it was 6 cycles of chemo "I believe it was a combo of 3-4", then it went stable for awhile and I chose not to do maintenance chemo so I could enjoy my time without being sick.  Then it started getting active again, they had me to the immunotherapy Opdiva.  It was awesome initially had great results, the tumors shrank significantly and I felt the best I had during this whole journey.  Then it turned on me and overnight my body reacted in a bad way which ended up in a several week mandatory hospital stay for me.  Then the doctor had me just take a break for 2-3 months to give my body and immune system a chance to reset.   

Then we attempted 6 cycles of another chemotherapy which after just 3 we realized was having no effect on cancer whatsoever due to swelling and a cough that developed so we switched to the current therapy which is 8 cycles of chemotherapy and immunotherapy the chemo is Gempar Gemzar something like that and Keytruda.   

After 1 cycle I developed Sepsis which we almost didn't catch because of maintenance Motrin I was taking to counteract the Chemo side effects.  That ended up in another hospital stay but only a week this time.  Unfortunately, shortly after that, I had some real issues breathing and they hospitalized me again to make sure it was not bronchitis or pneumonia.  They did CT which luckily shows the cancer is stable but there are 2 very large Lymph nodes growing which have tripled in size in less than a 3 month period, so I am now back on track hopefully. 

I will continue to hope and pray for your family and that the scans remain clear for your husband, being in his shoes I can certainly empathize.  My wife and son I tend to worry about more these days than cancer itself.

Best wishes

David

What incredible news that is. I am so happy for you.  Makes me a little hopeful, as I have limited sclc, as well.  I don't have my scans until Nov. 27th, but am already having some problems that are worrisome.  I keep praying that I'm just panicking in the moment of unknowing.  I do know some of what I'm feeling is definitely just high anxiety, though.  I am just so glad for you and your husband right now.  Thank you for sharing.

Sherry good luck on your scan on the 27 th  I hope it comes out clean. My other friend has limited stage tumor was 4cm and her scan showed renaments left.my husband feels better but he is also knows it can come back. He gets a brain MRI next week to make sure there is none but he is nervous. .keep us informed on your results I'll be praying for you!

Michele, I'm very happy to read your good news! We'll be thinking of you this week and hoping for good results. Keep us posted!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived