Kansas City Support Group Starting Up

Rower Michelle

Hi Everybody.  

You all have been such a great source of inspiration for me.  I started to look for ways to give back in the KC community and was very surprised to find there are NO lung cancer support groups anywhere in the KC metro. (that's none, nada and zip).  I couldn't believe it. So I decided to put that dormant social work degree to good use and created my own in conjunction with my cancer clinic.   They were totally on board.  Contact information is my  social worker:  Sarah Lovitt at 913-574-2712.   We start on Friday, February 8th.  

Here are the details:  

LIVING!!!! with Lung Cancer

Second Friday of Each Month 

9:00am-10:00am CT

The University of Kansas Cancer Center

12200 W. 110th Street

Overland Park, Kansas 66210

Description: 

Whether you are newly diagnosed, a seasoned survivor or somewhere in-between your journey, please join a group of your peers to share survivor experiences.  We'll learn from each other to manage the day to day issues we face.  Caregivers please come too!! 

This is awesome, Michelle! It's wonderful that you're taking this initiative in your own community. We can't wait to hear about your first meeting!

I'm more than happy to send you some LUNGevity support and education materials for your group if you'd like. Feel free to PM me!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived