Stage IV Non-Small cell lung cancer

JimmyRoberto

I was Diagnose with Stage IIIB back in May 2019 . Now. it went to the other lung

Had 33 sessions of Radiotheraphy and doing Chemo and Inmunotheraphy every 21 days.

I've had 2 so far. I have not had any side effects so far. Just lost some of my hair.

no pain..no nausea  I've gain 12 pounds probably due to the steroids 

Hi JimmyRoberto and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and glad you found us. I'm glad to hear that your treatment isn't causing you any problems. Let us know how we can support you.

Bridget O

Thanks BridgetO

I  Have a question on what type of food we as cancer patients should eat or should not eat???

The Oncologist told me that I could eat anything I Want..? 

I find this kind of  not right.   like people tell me to stay away from Sugar

?

any input on this??

Thanks,

Hi Jimmy

When I was diagnosed at Stage IV, the first question I asked my doctor was the same one, what should I be eating to stay “healthy”.  I got the eat a balanced diet answer.  What???  So I went to an Integrative Oncologist who recommended the Keto Cancer Diet. I had some side effects from my targeted therapy so we switched to Andrew Weil MD’s anti inflammatory diet. Side effects persisted.  Then I saw an nutritionist in functional medicine. Bingo.  For me it was a plant based diet with no salt, dairy or meat.  Everyone is different. 

You can look at a few cookbooks, The Cancer Fighting Kitchen, How to Live & How not to die (yep seriously sucky title!!!)

In the How to Starve Cancer book by Jane McLelland, she warns all cancer patients about sugar and any food with a high glycemic index. 

I think you can go round and round on this stuff. Ultimately, eat what you enjoy and go with how you feel. 

My oncologist gave me some excellent advice at my last appointment-go out and live your life. 

Hope this helps a bit

Michelle

JimmyRoberto,

I want to welcome you to the forum.  I believe you're already getting some good advice from Tom and Michelle, but I just wanted to let you know that there are people here who have experienced so much of what you may go through and can offer their knowledge and counsel as you go through your journey.  I look forward to hearing updates from you.

Lou

Archived