This feels stupid...but its not

TJM

Not sure what exactly I did to pis_ off the entire universe a few months ago. Did I cut in front of an elderly lady in a line? Did I honk at a slow driver? Did I forget to say thank you to someone? Regardless...

My new pup just got out of surgery. Hole in stomach. So I have a wife immobile from knee surgery, a 12 week old 4lb puppy in ICU with a 50-50 bone roll and the beast of a rare cancer coursing thru my veins.

Seriously.....What The Hell.....

Peace

Tom

Totally hear ya!  It’s the equivalent of CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!!

Years ago I managed a call center in Miami, the supervisor there was a happy Cuban. No matter how nuts the shop got he just seemed to be in the groove.  At his annual review I asked about it (and wondered if he was taking any substances). He said “the sun always shines after the rain”.  
Sending you some sunshine! 
Michelle

That’s a lot Tom.  The universe definitely has a way of piling it on.  I always hate when people say it’s testing us.  I’ve taken enough test sin my life, but sometimes it does feel that way.  I hope for some sunny spring time walks for you, your wife and your puppy in a few weeks.

Thanks both. Think da lord was testing my little pup. He is wide awake now and obviously feeling better and I think over the hump.

He has no clue how close to "let him go" doc he got. Occasionally faith is rewarded?

Thinking name change in order. Be "Lucky" something?

Tom

Agree. One of the benefits of being on disability is I have time for stuff like this- I looked at the on line thesaurus for a Lucky alternative, not much there.  For a girl dog, Goldy (root word golden) and a boy dog Ace (root term holding all the aces).   With each passing day, your wife will get better and puppy dog will be bouncing around the house joyfully.   Happy Friday.   

Hopefully final update on my pup. He is running around like a puppy again and leaving "presents" where ever he goes. He has pure happiness in his eyes (except for briefly after leaving a present), gives me pure happiness in my heart and is just what I needed. My wife Steph is a gem and has been for 26 years. Even my rotten male children get some credit for this great gesture.

Really not sure how I would have reacted if he had not made it. I tell myself that history tells me I would have been stoic. Not so sure....

Peace

Tom

Archived