TABRECTA

Robert  A.

2 hours ago, genor said:

did she have any side affects; after 3 months im showing swelling in ankles. How old is she? Im 67. Ty so much for responding Robert. Its been 2 months and my CT scan last week showed one of tumors smaller second one we couldn't find and the original site still small; lots of scar tissue from radiation so hard to see. great news on wife. does she have a pan coast tumor?

She has occasional swelling in the ankles and feet but the Dr. gave her lasix that she only takes when she has swelling. She doesn't have pan coast tumors. She has been on Tabrecta since June 2020. My wife is 60.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, GaryG said:

Hi Robert: I have swelling in the ankles (more on the right). Is Lasix effective at controlling the swelling? tnx

Yes, works for my wife and she only uses it when needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, Robert A. said:

She has occasional swelling in the ankles and feet but the Dr. gave her lasix that she only takes when she has swelling. She doesn't have pan coast tumors. She has been on Tabrecta since June 2020. My wife is 60.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:01 AM, Robert A. said:

Yes, works for my wife and she only uses it when needed.

so she really doesn't have any side affects and her cancer is getting smaller? How often are they scanning her to ck cancer?

4 hours ago, genor said:

so she really doesn't have any side affects and her cancer is getting smaller? How often are they scanning her to ck cancer?

She gets scanned every 4 months I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Robert do you have an update on your wife? My PET scan yesterday showed my tumors down but a new spot on my spine that ive got to have a cervical MRI to verify its not a metasticized bone cancer which i will be surprised if it is as im on the Tabrecta which i thought works on chipping away the cancer. Prayers needed

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, Robert A. said:

My wife went for her infusion of Docetaxel yesterday and her oncologist said she thinks my wife would benefit from a new treatment called TABRECTA. Has anyone tried this? The Dr. is looking into it with my insurance and pharmacy about getting it, it's a pill.

I have been on it for almost a year. 400 MG day. side effects are very swollen legs and feet and ankles, and digestive issues. but, compared to chemo, very, very tolerable, though expensive. So far, it has stopped progression, which is the goal. 

On 4/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, genor said:

Robert do you have an update on your wife? My PET scan yesterday showed my tumors down but a new spot on my spine that ive got to have a cervical MRI to verify its not a metasticized bone cancer which i will be surprised if it is as im on the Tabrecta which i thought works on chipping away the cancer. Prayers needed

Sorry for the late post I just saw it. My wife had a scan in late June and met with her Oncologist on July 1 and the results  the tumor remained as the scan before but the Dr. said it could be scar tissue. Another scan is set for 10 weeks. Sorry to hear about your setback hope you get better soon.

Patti P,

Welcome here!

Glad to hear your therapy has stopped progression. It is a vast understatement to say "that's important."

Are you using Lasix to address your swelling problems? 

Stay the course.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, Tom Galli said:

Patti P,

Welcome here!

Glad to hear your therapy has stopped progression. It is a vast understatement to say "that's important."

Are you using Lasix to address your swelling problems? 

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Tom, Thank you. Yes, using Lasix but it is no match for the swelling. I've adjusted and am trying compression socks as well. Now it is starting in my hands and wrists (the swelling.) Again, a small price to pay for keeping cancer at bay.

Hi Patti,

Although I take a different targeted therapy, the side effects are similar.  My wedding rings don’t fit anymore.  Lasix helps to a small degree & those compression socks in the summer are beyond brutal.  If you can I find walking an average of one mile a day coupled with weekly acupuncture has helped a great deal.   Carry on…

Michelle

Thank the heavens but the compression socks work for me so far. Cheap and worth a try?

Peace

Tom

Thank you all. Yes, Michelle, i'm kind of a gym rat and walk 5 miles a day. And I've compression socked like crazy. Doc said I can look at lymphatic drainage, but i'm trying to manage. One hand/arm did start swelling and so next week they're checking for blood clots (as that's another side effect of lung cancer.) But just happy to have this treatment that makes my life so much more normal feeling.  

Appreciate this group and the input. 

Archived