Quick question for group

TJM

Curious if any body can give me some information on Chemo side effects. It has been a month since my last Chemo treatment yet still have side effects. The one that concerns me the most is that once or twice a week I go thru short periods of vomiting. I'm not nauseated, but it hits suddenly and with little time to react.

I am doing radiation but didnt think that was a side effect. The fact it's not constant is what bothers me. Any body else experience something similar.

Peace

Tom

Hi TJM,

It does look like vomiting can be a side effect from radiation if the spot you are getting radiated is close to the stomach.  Maybe check in with the doctor and see if they can prescribe medication for you to stop the vomiting?

https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/lung-cancer-101/treatment-options/radiation-therapy

Ah, just catching up here.  Short answer, yes, rads & nausea/vomiting.  This came up in my lung cancer support group on Friday.  The member was given two anti- nausea meds, a short acting and long acting combo.  Did the trick nicely.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, TJM said:

Curious if any body can give me some information on Chemo side effects. It has been a month since my last Chemo treatment yet still have side effects. The one that concerns me the most is that once or twice a week I go thru short periods of vomiting. I'm not nauseated, but it hits suddenly and with little time to react.

I am doing radiation but didnt think that was a side effect. The fact it's not constant is what bothers me. Any body else experience something similar.

Peace

Tom

Archived