Hi From California

JWP

Hi All.

I am Jim from California and I am being treated for lung cancer. I have had 6 weeks of radiation and chemo. I have been started on Ianfinzi. I really would like to find out how others are doing on it.

Hi, Jim, and welcome! I'm Stage IV adenocarcinoma and just about to start my treatment soon (triplet with Keytruda), probably followed by radiation. 

I see you found our Immunotherapy forum--there are a few folks here on Durvalumab. 

Glad you found us--this is an awesome group, with a lot of collective experience, knowledge, and support to share.

Welcome Jim

I am a Stage IV NSCLC patient and one who had a wonderful response to Immunotherpay (Nivolumab) which is very much like Imfinzi, but used for Stage IV.  I also have other lung cancer support group "friends" who have been on Imfinzi and they are also now "Stable" and doing well.   I had my Immunotherapy in 2015-2016 shortly after it was FDA approved and am thrilled to be one of the super responders.  I've now been off ALL treament for over 4 years and have been stable ever since.  

There have recently been some great data they've learned from the results of long term patients who started this type of treatment back in Clinical trials.  The positive responders are doing well and there is great hope we will continue to do so for many years to come, something that was almost never heard of for Stage IV Patients.  I also know several who are now NED and the majority of us are ALL now off treatment and have been for a few years.   Imfinzi is newer than Nivo and Keytruda, but seems to be showing the same type of results for those who respond well to this type of treatment.

I wish you the very best and hope it will be an excellent treatment for you, as well.

H Jim and welcome! There is a huge thread on these forums entitled Durvalumab (Imfinzi).I think it runs to over 50 pages of posts. I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting things in there. Let us know if you have questions and how we can support you.

Bridget O

Hi Jim, 

Welcome! To piggy back on Bridget’s post, we call it the Durva Club, many members are at the finish line with plenty of tips on managing this treatment.   Nice to have you on board. 
Michelle

Hi Jim.

As others have noted, there is a specific forum for the Durvalumab (Imfinzi) users. I've been a member of the Durva Club for well over a year, in fact almost two. Although not currently quite as active as it had been at one time, if you read through all the posts, you will find a lot of useful information (and encouragement). I myself after the chemo and radiation I was started on the Durvalumab. However after 18 of the 26 planned infusions, a biomarker test of a biopsy tissue sample determined that I was PDL1 Negative, and had the ALK Positive gene mutation, for which the immunotherapy meds provide little benefit. Therefore I was switched from Immunotherapy to Targeted Therapy and so far appear to be having good success with that. I only mention that because if you have not yet had biomarker testing performed, I would highly suggest discussing this with your Oncologist. In the meanwhile, you'll find some mighty fine people here in the Lungevity Forums and especially in the Durva Club. 

Ron

Archived