Is it a sign, or am I reading too much into things

Carleen

I know that there have been a few conversations on the site about dreams. I know that many people here have had the blessings of being able to spend time with their loved ones a last time in dreams, and view them as signs from heaven that their love still exists.

I too believe that God speaks to us, if we are open and alert, every now and then you actually see it. Most signs go unnoticed or are rationalized into something else. With this being said, I guess I've been struggling with the idea of something.

For the past few months on occassion, I have had mornings where I wake up, I can not remember any dreams but I have a song stuck in my head that I can not stop repeating to myself. Usually it is just a chorus or a verse over and over again for the entire morning.

Now, this is not a strange thing on the surface, but the problem I have with this is that they are songs that I know for a fact that I haven't heard in Years, Decades even. They are songs I barely know and for some reason I now know the words and melodies and can't stop saying them in my head. They have always been songs from the 60's/70's which isn't a genre I listen to much.

The other fact that is scaring me is that the lyrics usually hold a meaning that I don't even want to acknowledge.

About a month ago, it was a song by Eric Carmen, All By Myself. (I've had that song a couple of times). This morning it was a different one that I don't even know the name of. This has happened about 8 times now, and the common thread is that all of them are songs about being lonely, alone, by myself, having someone leave, when you are gone etc....

I am starting to think too much, but I sometimes wonder if God is trying to talk to me? And if he is, is he telling me I am going to be alone and Keith is going to leave me? Is he trying to prepare me?

I want to pass this off as my subconscious just expressing my anxiety and fears of our unknown future. I want to say this is my own mind playing tricks on me, because I KNOW I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be without Keith so is this a manifestation of my internalized doubts?

In the beginning, I prayed to God to talk to me. To let me know that everything was going to be ok. I prayed and asked that he let me know what to expect. I do not want to believe that this is a message, but at the same time, do I discount these occurances because the message is not what I want to hear.

I guess I am just interested in hearing what others might have to say and believe on this issue. Do you believe in Signs and messages from God?

ALL BY MYSELF

(Verse 1)

When I was young

I never needed anyone

And making love was just for fun

Those days are gone

(Verse 2)

Livin' alone

I think of all the friends I've known

But when I dial the telephone

Nobody's home

(Chorus)

All by myself

Don't wanna be

All by myself

Anymore

All by myself

Don't wanna live

All by myself

Anymore

(Verse 3)

Hard to be sure

Sometimes I feel so insecure

And love's so distant and obscure

Remains the cure

(REPEAT Chorus)

(REPEAT Verse 1)

(REPEAT Chorus)

Carleen,

""Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.""

Today is here now, make the most of it.

Deal with tomorrow's troubles tomorrow.

I would think these dreams are just telling you that you are not alone now, so love Keith and live every day to the max.

To borrow from Becky, you never know when the beer truck with your name on it will start rolling down the hill.

I am happy you have Keith. I wish I had a love like that.

I have kids, which is still family, but so much different from a heart's love.

Bless you both.

Prayers,

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Carleen,

Based on what I've read about dreams, I think a lot of times our subconcious plays a part in our dreams. It could be in the back of your mind, you are fearing being alone, so you are dreaming it. Simple as that. I don't think it's a sign. Don't worry. I usually have a reoccuring theme in my dreams based on some of the fears I have in life. I don't think they are preminitions. Too bad we can't dream the winning numbers of the next lottery, huh?

Dear Carleen,

I wouldnt read too much into it.. When my dad was first diagnosed, so many songs went through my head all day long especially, I believe, and many others. Now the song that is in my head is Love can build a Bridge, by the Judds only because that is what I am hoping that my love for my dad is still connected, I think its the thoughts of losing Keith that bring these songs to your head, stop thinking of losing him and just think of beautiful love songs and when you wake up those are the songs that will stick. I really do think its your subconscience, think of songs that make you smile and see what happens. I do understand what you mean though, music can be very powerful.. I had a beautiful dream about my dad last night, its the first one since losing him. He was singing an old Italian song, I am going to call my mom to see what the words mean, I'll let you know if it makes any sense...

I do believe God communicates with us through dreams, songs, etc. It is in the Scriptures. However, I do agree with those who say your fear of loneliness may be triggering song connections in your subconscious. The brain does funny things sometimes. I would go with those who say you should cherish the time you have with Keith, be it months or years, and live them to the fullest. That is what I am trying to do with Lucie, and it has made our time richer, however long it is. Yes, I fear that I may be alone, but I won't let that fear spoil living with joy the time we are granted. Blessings to you both. Don

Dear Carleen,

I too have had different dreams that stay with me...I am either holding my mom and comforting her or her doctor is telling me she is completely free of cancer. I spend my waking hours trying to deal with all of my emotions, grief, loneliness, anger, confusion, etc., so I feel my dreams are a way of subconsciously helping me deal with my cancer. I don't believe you should read into anything. In my case, my mom is still alive but I feel terribly alone somedays. You too could be feeling alone, because things are so overwhelming. Try not to read into things and create worry. Enjoy the days, however many we have together on this earth. You and Keith are so blessed to share a love and connection that so many unfortunately don't ever get to experience. Cherish this bond and each other. We too are always here for you.

Love,

Andrea

Hi Carleen,

I do believe in the heavens. My dad is gone now, but whenever I have a dream about him he is always happy with a big smile on his face. The biggest smile I have ever seen him smile and he always looks healthy.

A strange thing happened to my sister when my dad was in hospice. She was laying in bed and thinking about how much pain my dad was in and why he is still holding on. She was wondering when all the suffering would end. Well that night she fell asleep and awoke to voices in her room, she thought it was my dad and that he had died but it wasn't. She still is not sure who it was but the voices told her it wouldn't be long now and that they were trying to show my dad the way and when he knew the way he would be done suffering. She swears she was awake cause she looked at the clock and then got up for a drink of water.

When my dad did pass away she had a dream of him and she didn't remember the dream only a song. She awoke singing a song that she hasn't heard in a long time. It was "Can I have this dance for the rest of my life" by Ann Murray. Then she remembered her dream was of her and my father dancing in the kitchen to that song. She wished she would dream of him cause it was her birthday.

I don't want to take up anymore time but I do believe he is communicating to us through our dreams and when we dream of him it is like we actually got to spend time with him.

Hope all works out for you.

Donna

Dear Carleen,

I know how frightened you must be about these dreams. I could sell the plots of my dreams to Stephen King without any trouble at all! My heart aches for you and your lovely husband. Please put these things out of your mind and enjoy every wonderful day you have together. Snowflake is right about the "Beer Truck" thing, we just never know. I will pray especially for you tonight.

Paddy