Keytruda

TJM

I may be being to hopeful here, but it seems to me that Keytruda is being used on more patients than just with high PDL. Mine is less than 1%.

If I get a reoccurrence should I push for that? My onc doesn't think out of the box much 

Peace

Tom

Tom,

I’m not an expert but I think immunotherapy can be most effective for both high and low range PDL-1 expressions. 

But with the flood of new drugs and combinations, it is likely best to check in with your doc. 

You can’t believe the cold & snow in Texas. Lost power at 2 AM this morning. A foot of snow on the ground. Just now got an internet connection. Cell towers not working. Nightmare!

Stay the course. 

Tom (chilled in Texas)

Tom (TJM): Yes Keytruda is used on high and low PDL-1 levels but the caveat here "in conjunction with other drugs. Yet the jury is still out  on the effectiveness of immunotherapy in general for the long run.  I asked that same question of my oncologist and some prefer it to target therapy and radiation. The next few years will shed more lights and hopefully they will be bright.

Ditto--I have 5% PDL-1 and my oncologist said anything above zero is appropriate for immunotherapy. I think with higher levels the result might be more dramatic, but anything that helps beat back the cancer (without excessively beating up the patient) has to be a good thing.

8 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

You can’t believe the cold & snow in Texas. Lost power at 2 AM this morning. A foot of snow on the ground. Just now got an internet connection. Cell towers not working. Nightmare!

I hate to say it, but the temp right now in South Jersey is 51 degrees! I feel for you folks who are normally in the warmer climes, having to deal with this stuff. We may be getting more snow later this week, but not more than a couple of inches. Hopefully with the warm temps today, and the predicted rain, we'll be rid of some of the accumulation from before.

Stay warm and stay safe!

Thanks to all. Gives me something to talk about with my oncologist. Going to schedule my next scan today. Let the anxiety begin.

Peace

Tom

Archived