A year

Blossomsmom

Have just gotten through the first anniversary of my Moms death (May5th) and my 2nd Mothers Day without her. This Mother’s Day was much harder as last year I was still numb from her passing 5 days before. I have survived the first year. There were times when I didn’t think I would.  I am in the final stages of planning her Celebration of Life on 5/22 and it has been a painful yet somehow healing process. It will be a party that she would’ve enjoyed immensely with family and close friends. Do I think it will bring closure? No. I believe there are losses that you never get over, you just get used to the new normal. My life has been changed forever but I know my Mom is watching over me as  I feel her presence often. 

Sending a hug. 

I lost my own mom to metastatic breast cancer over 30 years ago and I still miss her. I do enjoy dreaming about her--sometimes I even dream about the silly fights we had when I was a teenager--it makes me feel like we just had a visit.

Your party sounds lovely--hope you and the rest of her family and friends can enjoy celebrating her.

• 1 month later...

Wow. It's been a year already? And sorry I am just now responding. Just saw your post?

Hope the celebration of life went well and maybe provided just a little more closure.

Peace

Tom

Thank you Tom. It doesn’t seem possible that it’s been over a year now since my mom left us. Sometimes it seems like it was yesterday other times it seems like forever. The Celebration of my Moms life was a wonderful evening. My mom would’ve loved the party. It brought me a sense of closure that I wasn’t expecting. It was the last thing I needed to do for her so although the book will never be closed, that chapter is finished. 

Archived