Clinical Trial

Babs

So it looks like I’m going to start a clinical trial through the University of Minnesota,  it’s a drug that they have used successfully in bladder cancer and now are in a phase II trial for NSCLC.  The drug is a chemotherapy drug called Enfortumab Vedotin. It is going to open in a day or so.  I will have some scans, MRI, etc.  They have enough tissue from previous biopsies so I can skip that part.  It’s 30 minute infusion once every 3 weeks and then 1 week off.  Does anybody have any info/experience with this?  Anyway, wish me luck. 

Babs

Babs,

I don't have experience with this drug. It is a successful targeted therapy treatment method for non resectable bladder and urinary tract cancer that resists conventional chemotherapy and immunotherapy. The drug is described as antibody-drug conjugate designed for the treatment of cancer expressing Nectin-4. So you cancer likely expresses Nectin-4 as a biomarker and I do help this new targeted treatment gets you positive results.

Stay the course.

Tom

Tom,

Yes, I do hope it works.  From what I’ve been able to find, it seems to have pretty positive results in bladder cancer.  I’ll know after my 8 week scan and if not most likely go on the standard treatment of Taxotere and Cymraza.  The toxicity is pretty high with that duo and I would like to avoid that.  There are 2 other possible trials at the University one being a phase 2 trial of Voyager V1 and the other is a phase 1 of FT516 in combo with monoclonal antibodies.  Are you familiar with either of those?  Thanks,

Babs

Babs,

I don't know anything about any of these drugs, but I do send my best wishes for a successful outcome. Thank you for participating in the trial. In the long run it benefits a whole lot of us with lung cancer.

Babs,

My treatment years were 17 years ago. In that time, very few trails took place in the lung cancer domaine. Thus, I have no personal expertise in trials. But, at Lungevity, we have a resource that is worth checking. You will find it here. If you check the blue box "Search for a Clinical Trial" it will take you to a tailorable database search that might yield results for you type of lung cancer. That might give you some extra insight to discuss with your docs besides the trials you mention.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Babs, if you would like to speak with someone who has been through a clinical trial, we can match you with a Clinical Trial Ambassador: https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/support-services/peer-to-peer-mentoring/clinical-trial-ambassadors

Best of luck to you and please keep us updated with how you are feeling!

Archived