Pet scan results

Blossomsmom

Saw my PCP yesterday to discuss the results of my Pet Scan. She said she had just gotten off the phone with the radiologist who confirmed what she thought, the results are “inconclusive”. Two areas had low SUV’s, lung nodule 1.7 and hilar lymph nodes 3.3 and 3.6 respectively. Could be an adenocarcinoma or inflammation. Recommendation is to do another CT scan in January to see if there are any changes. She feels that if this is adenocarcinoma that it is in the very early stage which is a huge relief. She is referring me to a thoracic surgeon and a pulmonologist. As she said, the more eyes on this the better. So today I’ll call and make those appointments and we’ll go from there. I’m under no illusion that this is anything but an adenocarcinoma but for the time being my hand is off the panic button.

Whew. So glad you have a respite. And, I'm really glad that your doc is so on top of getting a lot of eyes on the situation. I always feel better knowing my case usually heads to the cancer center's tumor board before any new phase of treatment.  

Hang in,

K

Keep your hand off that button.  And if/when you are ready for surgery then we have some good information to share with you, but for now enjoy.  Early stage is very important to a good prognosis.

Lou