I know I'm not alone but dang....

TJM

It is super cold. Especially for the NW. Hasn't been this cold in over 30 years. Supposed to get a pretty good shot of snow today as well!

Luckily have plenty of fire wood and hot cocoa. I will enjoy watching from my warm den!

Stay safe everyone 

Tom

Fire up that fireplace and keep the cocoa hot...some warm cookies wouldn't be a bad edition either.  Stay warm buddy.

Lou

Hey, Tom, 

It looks like an ice skating rink over here in PDX. Luckily we didn't lose power, but so many have been without it since Saturday. We're all in this together-- and won't it be great when we get back to our regular winter rain?

K

Yep, I' in the Northwest, too, and this weather is BAD!  And this past Sunday, on one of the coldest days of the year, out furnace went out! Fortunately, we have a wood stove and a furnace repair guy who is next to being a saint in my book. He came out right away and got our dinosaur of an oil furnace running in a couple of hours. We actually feel fortunate. So many people in the area have been without power for days. I hope you and everybody else can stay warm!

I feel extremely lucky not to have lost power as well. This "thaw" sure is taking it's time. I remember many a silver thaw in the past, but not one that took this long!

Stay warm everybody!

• 2 weeks later...