How to honor Mo (or ANYONE) who goes ahead of us

Cindy RN

I have 'talked' with several this AM about Missy and whether to send flowers, a memorium, or what??

I am putting my 2 cents worth in. How about donating to this BOARD! Mo meant so much to alot of us and I know she leaned on LCSC people and had lots of good times with us here. What better way to keep this site here for others who come everyday and need this place as much as she did.

You can donate in her honor right over the internet thru paypal.

--Katie--do you send a card or notification for donations made in someones name?

Sorry if I am rambling, this is such a sad day.

Cindy

Cindy: You have my positive vote on this. I have been intending to ask Katie if people could donate to LCSC and even ask for donations in an obituary. People often put Donations can be made to ______________. I also wondered if they would get a card. This is a GREAT idea and I think it's exactly what Mo would have wanted.

Love to all,

Peggy

Cindy, you're so thoughtful to suggest this. Like Katie said, if the family or MO has asked for donations in her memory to go somewhere else, it I hope someone will let us know. AND since MO was part of our family, I'm sure she'd be happy if memorial gifts were sent here in her honor, to help the group continue to reach out to others and provide the same kind of support that she gave all of us!

BeckyCW

I try to send donations to LCSC when one of our members with whom I have felt close has died or a loved one has died.

I, too, have wondered if the family is notified in anyway of this donation. I basically don't care, because my support is to this site, but I think the family would feel good if they knew how many people cared about their loved one.

Ginny,

I do what you do when I am close to a member of this board. I send a donation to LCSC and I know that Katie sends a notice of my donation to the person's family as well as she sends me a notice of my donation. I prefer sending a donation to LCSC because this is where I meet these people and become good friends of theres. So, it only seems right to me to send a donation to LCSC.

I can assure you that Katie DOES notify the family members of our donations. I have received THANK YOU notes from some of these family members after Katie sends them a notice.

God Bless.

Like Katie said, if the family or MO has asked for donations in her memory to go somewhere else, it I hope someone will let us know. AND since MO was part of our family, I'm sure she'd be happy if memorial gifts were sent here in her honor, to help the group continue to reach out to others and provide the same kind of support that she gave all of us!

There are a couple of suggestions in her obituary, one being her church.

Just wanted to add that from all the funerals I have attended over the years not to mention half of my family, I was always under the impression that a donation sent to where-ever comes from the heart and is meant in good will and in memory of. I know even when my family members passed we had people send in a donation to (where ever, places we never heard of) and I thought to myself, (how nice of them to think of my mom,dad,etc.) to send a donation to where ever in memory of! It was the thought that counted. So, I hope no one feels your being encouraged to donate to LCSC because that's what I choose to do. I had some PM chats with our MO to know she loved this board and it was a very big part of her life. I know she won't mind if I donate a gift in her name to LCSC.

Mo you will be missed Dearly.