Please let me know

Rick

Rick,

Ok. I did clear my cache, even cleared all my history, etc. I do this periodically anyway. Still having to log in twice, and my results are exactly the same as Cat is saying. After the 2nd log in, I go to View Posts and nothing is there, although there have been posts. I think Cat is on to something when she said she thinks it is recognizing her (and me) on the first log in attempt, but then it boots us out and that's why it says no new posts. Good thinking, Cat. Also, clicking on "Home" is working fine now. Oh, and also, I'm typing this from my work PC, but I was having the same thing at home last night. I had a huge power surge on my computer last night and blew out the power supply, so I booted up an old laptop and had to re-activate an old AOL account to use dial-up, but I had the same issues there that are described above.

I'm actually able to navitage the site by going to each forum to check for updates, so this is certainly not a critical issue for me, but just thought you would like to know that I'm getting the same as Cat.

Thanks again,

Peggy

Rick,

For 2 days www.lchelp.com didn't work for me. I connect using AOL but browes the board using IE Explorer. During those 2 days lchelp.com, buy2k.net and www.buy2k.net all worked albeit a bit slowely. This morning www.lchelp.com worked just fine.

To aol users (like me). I find that connecting with aol then loading up IE Explorer to do my web surfing works a lot better than using the aol web browser. AOL's browser has some funky things added to it that cause it to not work well with some web sites.

Using the "Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files" to clear your IE cache doesn't clear ALL the files in your cache. The only way to do that is to click on the "view files" button in the above and then delete what is left manually. BUT .... before you do that make sure you know what passwords you are using for all the sites you visit that require them as these are sometimes stored in files called "cookies" in that folder and you will NOT be able to log on automatically to those sites.

Dean

I may be forced to go back to 1 Standard template look for the site instead of offering a choice. It seems that each one acts a little different and almost impossible to support all the different choices.. I am going to wait until I see if things steady up and if so I will leave it all alone...

Woohoo! It's fixed. I got logged in the very first time and when I clicked View Posts since last visit there was a nice long list. Thank you, Rick. YOU FIXED IT!!! You're the man!!!!!

Love,

Peggy

P.S. Here's my computer tip: If you are using a dial up and want to speed things up, do ths: Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Tab, find the selection that says "Show Pictures" and remove the checkmark. I think it's under the Multimedia subtitle. The pages will load faster without the pictures. It isn't as much fun, but if you want to see a picture, all you have to do is right-click the graphic and select "Show Picture."

Rick and Peggy and all:

Ok. What was happening to Peggy and Cat and others, was not happening to me UNTIL NOW. Weird, isn't it. But anyway everytime I logged on this evening, the log in appeared not to take and then did take and then I had no posts in the posts since last visit.

Some little cyber fairies are up to mischief?!

elaine

Shoot, Elaine. The spell that Cat and I cast wasn't scheduled to happen to you until tomorrow. We'll have to turn that witch book in for a refund.

Tip: Try to remember the last date and time, that way you can tell if the forum has had new posts. It saves a little time.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Ha! I just got inadvertenly logged out again. Before that I was trying to post in Alternative and every time I clicked on post, I was bounced to the home page. I had to re-enter the forum, then the thread and then once again click post to make it work. But somewhere along the line I got logged off. I think it's a gliche in the software.

'Course it could be cyber faeries but all the faeries I know are Celtic and refuse to have anything to do with modern stuff like computers. :wink:

Peggy, I don't own any witch books. I write my only spells and they're all white magic. :wink::wink:

Cat