MY WHY !!!

Larry

Here is a question i would like for some one to answer for me.

Why is it alright to make joke's about red neck's ,blond's and ignorance,or joke's that are sexually suggestive.The reason i'm asking this is i had a joke censored that referred to the head wrap some Arab's wear.The joke was not meant to hurt or be cruel but only a JOKE.I'm told this is a international web site,well guess what anything that has www.com is international.I said this before and i'll say it again we in this country have become far to sensitive and like i've heard a couple of old time comedian's say"we've lost our national humour".

I respect all dissenter's on my view but do not have to agree with them.I have never got back my desire to participate on this site like i did before all the hullabaloo and the eventual .,.,.,.,.,. or if your more comfortable in word usage DELETEING of all the messages on this board before.And all who were envolved with that subject know from where i'm coming from.This that i'm writing could well be deleted as being improper ,insensitive or for what any number of reason's but that is OK also as i am so disgusted over not just my Joke being removed but from the original Deletion's i was talking about that i'm thinking of no longer participating on this forum.But all of you will still be in my thought's and prayer's as how could i not do that since i'm just a family member that is going to probaly be the black sheep,(whoop's that might not be considered proper wording) for sassing back.

Larry

I agree that we have become too sensitive. Too careful. It makes us perhaps less willing to speak the truth for fear of offending people. The gospel at my church last Sunday was the parable of the talents - Matt 25. The whole point of the gospel is that we can be too careful, if it gets in the way of love.

But I think this is a different story. I think there should probably be an exception right now for jokes about Arabs and blacks. The political environment makes it too possible for there to be unintended consequences, hatred directed against the Arabs. And this country has had way too much hatred acted out against blacks in the past, too.

I never saw the joke, so I can't comment specifically. I doubt I would have been offended, and I know I would not have turned it into Arab-hatred. But I think there is some need for additional sensitivity there.

We would all hate to lose your input over this, Larry.

Curtis

Larry,As you may have noticed my last name is Lamb & I have usually always been a black sheep.(always someone mad at me bout something).That actually is a good thing,it makes us stronger.Your question bears a lot of validity,if blondes,rednecks,irishmen,pollacks,whites,blacks,jews,men,women,etc,and etc. can't take a joke the heck with em.Who then are we to tell a joke of??.Everyone is diff. and has diff. opinions bout things.In my mind jokes and laughter are very important in life.However in good taste I think we should be careful of language and words etc. that would suggest any kind of vulgarity,prejidism (sp),or racial slurs.If I were to detect any of those in a joke I would have it censored,re-edited or deleted.There can be clean jokes and laughter.

Incidentally,I am fairly new as moderator and am not familiar with the joke you are referring to,that was deleted.

Larry,

I didn't like the joke either, and I was one of the most upset people over the deletions of the spirituality posts. I am still not happy about that, but there's no sense going on too much about that--except to point out the difference between someone asking you to delete the Arab joke and the deletion of the other posts.

I don't know how YOU personally feel about Arabs. I DO know that there is a great deal of hatred and bigotry agains Arabs right now in this country--and there still exists an underlying (and sometimes overt) racism that exists against all people of color in this country. Thus the joke you posted COULD add to that and be misunderstood.

I am not sure there is a good reason to post jokes that castigate any one group of people--blonde, redneck, etc. However, sometimes when we know that the people in the group contain people like the ones we are telling jokes about, it is more like we are telling jokes about each other--and thus, we are laughing WITH each other and not AT one another.

The other posts that were deleted seemed more like .,.,.,.,.,. to me because those were our deeply personal thoughts--things that were dear to ourselves and hopefully meant to help each other.

I hope this makes sense to you in the way I intended it to. I don't want to lose you--. I really don't.

elaine

Blondes, brunettes, rednecks and so on, are not races or nationalities. I did not perform the deletion and do not know anything about the joke or etc, but am a little freaked out about the question in its entirity. What are we to keep the forum up and have Jewish bashing joke fest, or start a thread to make fun of african americans, asians or etc? I am not an overly sensative person on the subject by no means and could fall into the 1/2 way redneck column and still have no problems understanding why jokes about Arabs and etc arent politically correct. As for the www it does mean world wide web, however we provide the site links without the www. being http://lchelp.com.

If not wanting jokes about races is being too sensative, then call me too sensitive.

As for .,.,.,.,.,., the posts made that "Elaine" was referencing was removed as a request by the original creator.

Its easier to sit back and complain about things and give reasons not to participate or quit or leave, why not be positive and see what you could help out with to make it better, what suggestions you could provide to make things work smoother, what could you do. Not "I" "I" "I" as this site is not about 1 individual but about many individuals. We are not the major networks, the president of united states, the tobacco lobbyist, the inept oncologist, the un-caring doctors, we are on your side. Well we are on most everyones side unless you choose otherwise.

We are wanting to fight the battle with you NOT fight with you.

It's simple really. It was deleted for the same reason David A deleted several jokes, it offended someone. Several people have had jokes deleted when someone expresses an objection. There was one joke that was put on once by a "guest" that was so horribly disgusting several people asked to have it removed and Rick did so. When one of John's jokes offended another member he edited it himself and apologized to that person.

No getting around it, ethic jokes are going to offend someone and probably aren't appropriate on a board made up of individuals from all over the world and various backgrounds. I have 2 Asian children and I'm sorry but I don't find humor in jokes poking fun at them.

The purpose of the "Just for Laughs" is just that, laughing.

I was going to write the post and just let it go and stay away for awhile but a certain wonderful person realizing it or not encouraged me to read the responces and i'll make one final remark on it all.

If those of you who read the Joke recall it said terrorist not Arab's in Gen'l.And as a former Amateur Boxing Coach my white boxer's were maybe 1% of the boy's involved.And they told Joke's about there race that were funnier and more direct than any i ever heard told by a white person.My Granfather was Indian ad he alway's laughed at joke's that were about indian's.Half of my family is Mexican and we laugh at each other all the time.i had a bad joke removed before but it was bad and i accepted that as i told David at the time i realized after i posted it that it was in bad taste.

I'm not angry with any one in particular but my way of thinking is apparently not refined enough for too many people here and i refuse to compromise my Moral's and belief's and i'll not apologize for my Joke.I do not have alot of education but i know right from wrong and have enough sense to come in out of the rain and if you take a punch at me i'll punch back........

Larry

This leads into the story below... (Some of you already saw this before)

My son and I were watching a boxing match on TV (son is 6yrs old) and when the fighters entered the ring they were both wearing black trunks and had red gloves on, however one was African American and the other was a white man. My son looks at the TV completely puzzled and say to me "Dad they both have black trunks and both have red gloves on how are we going to tell them apart" He looked again at the TV and said "Oh yea they have different colored shoes on". That is true color blindness and innocense...

Rick

This i promise is my last responce to all this but Katie said something i can not ignore.She said let it GO.

Well sorry Katie or anyone else who feel's that way and do what you like.But i for one refuse to be caught up in the Liberal Ideology that i must be dishonest to my self and do what ever it take's to not hurt feeling's or the Rodney King can't we just get along.Think about it if Christ had done that we or most of us would be praying to any number of GOD's.

As for racism well darn i never knew that was the subject.I do not dislike a person because of his nationality or color or religion only if there bad people or personalities that i can't stand.When i was growing up in Phoenix Arizona and living and working there i had asian , arabic and just about any one else you could imagine as friend's and we dissagreed about different thing's all the time but still remained friend's.In fact a asian friend of mine who now live's in Chandler arizona is planning on stopping and visiting with me this fall.

As for the punch back remark that was strictly meant to describe my personality.Like a guy year's ago made the remark to my wife asking her if i was as MEAN AS I LOOKED AND ACTED ....HER REMARK WAS WHY DON'T YOU HIT HIM AND FIND OUT....But i'm not looking nor asking for a fight i was initially on my original post asking a question and expressing my feeling's.Now if i've offended any one sorry but i don't take back what i've said and none of this was directed at any one in particular but that Country Music song say's it all (if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything)and i darn sure respect even those who dissagree with me for at least standing on there ROCK of belief and thank's to all who have quietly supported my view.....

Larry

Larry.. Dont know what prompted your last post.. I think everyone is done with the topic and the issue of the joke. Life is too short to sit and fester about something so small.

Many people on this site do pray to many different gods.. Buddah, Allah and so on. As from the post above there are many countries that visit this site and many different religions.

Think about it if Christ had done that we or most of us would be praying to any number of GOD's.

YES that was an actual true story and it was really me and my son.. Thats innocense.... :D

Rick