Please pray for Chris!

kimblanchard

Hi everyone,

My husband was just diagnosed on June 10 with NSCLC and today we found out that it has spread to his liver and bones. He is feeling very sick and has lost just under 20 pounds (and he was skinny to begin with). I am worried sick about him. We were scheduled to have a bone scan tomorrow, but his oncologist called tonight and is very concerned.....he wanted him to be admitted to the hospital tonight for emergency surgery for a plueradesis (sp?). Well, Chris absolutely does NOT want to be hospitalized (can't blame him) so we are going in for his surgery tomorrow. He is going to have both lungs completely drained and then have his pleura fused to his lungs. I am so upset because all of this happened so suddenly and we were told tonight that he only has a 60% chance of living two months! :cry: We were still trying to swallow hearing 3-6 months last week. I'm not looking for pity here because I know everyone is dealing with the same situation or worse....but please send your prayers in Chris' direction! We really need them now

Christina

Dear Christina,

I read your post and i hear you loud and clear. Please remeber no one can give you a timeline on his life. Medicine can do wonderful things for him. Give it a chance to work. This is very tough but you can pull through. Take it one step at a time and know we are here beside you. I'll pray for you.

Joanie

Hello Christina; welcome and so very sorry you and Chris are going through this. You both will be in my prayers and only God knows when he wants us. You will find many here that were told something similar and are still SURVIVING despite the odds.

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hi everyone,

I appreciate all of the prayers! Chris had his lungs drained today and everything went smoothly. He was supposed to have the Plueradesis but he wasn't feeling up to it, so we are scheduled to go in on Monday afternoon. I'll let everyone know the latest when we find out.

Christina

Prayers going up for you and Chris immediately...but do not believe this timeline stuff from the doctor...it is will, strength and treatment that will determine the quality and quantity of his life..my Dad's first oncologist did the same thing to us and his new, improved oncologist is wonderful...honest, straightforward but no talk of timeline....she told us it is the will, strength and treatment...cut to the chase and switch doctors if need be..you need a medical partner in this battle..not a ball and chain...God give you strenght and direction...I will pray you receive guidance...take care..keep us posted