Step 1: Good News

Kel M

Hi all,

In light of some troubling symptoms, I have been holding my breath for two weeks that my Mom's chest and spinal x-rays would show NOTHING today! Lo and hehold, Mom's chest x-ray is normal as is the x-ray of her spinal cord! I am so grateful.

She suffered an embolism almost two months ago and the doctor now feels that her symptoms (shortness of breath, lack of appetite and energy) may be due to some ongoing embolism-related issues.

She had a heart test this afternoon (an echo). She will have a CAT Scan (Thursday) and bone scan (Tuesday) to rule out mets completely.

Please keep us in your prayers!

We're not out of the woods yet with cancer-related issues, but I know I feel a renewed sense of hope and purpose. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kel

Great news for Mom...and for you!! I'm so glad. Continued wishes for everything to come back clean...and for Mom to be making all her birdie putts this winter!! (By next March, I too hope to be golfing in the AZ sunshine, after we move out there!!)

Be sure to keep us updated...but I have a good feeling about Mom's results. :)