21 Lymph Nodes Positive

Wendy

Yikes! As I have viewed posts and signatures I have noticed that many of us have had lymph nodes positive during this journey, but I have not seen anyone with a large number of positive nodes. My experience included a PET scan that did not pick up on any node involvement prior to the removal of my L Lung. During my surgery 22 nodes were tested with 21 positive.

Is there anyone else here with a similiar experience?

Wendy

Wendy,

this was not my experience. I had a mediastinoscopy and "enough dirty" lymph nodes and placement of dirty lympy nodes were enough for the surgeon to stop right there and not remove my lung.

Geez..this must be a frightening time for you. What is the treatment plan from here? Anything I can do, let me know...I am right over the river from you...

Cindi o'h

Wendy,

Don't panic. From your signature, you had the entire left lung removed - sounds like they removed all of the lymph nodes. Most tested positive - not the most wonderful news in the world, far from "positive"...BUT, these little pearls of poison are out of your body, chopped up on an operating room cutting board...GONE.

I had the lower and middle lobe of my right lung removed and seven lymph nodes, three were positive, including one in the medistinum. Not good, not "positive"...but OUT of my body...

Hang in there, Wendy. Kick them monsters back under the bed and don't let 'em bring friends!

There are people on the board that had tumors removed that were larger than my child when he was born! One tumor was 9 pounds, the other 13 (I think)...THAT sounds very negative, but the "owners" are here, on the board. MaryAnn is a five year survivor, read HER signature! (mhutch)

C'mon, Wendy, we're pulling for you!

xxoo,

Becky

Becky

I agree wholeheartedly with Becky. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the surgery and what I am sure will be a tough road ahead. But you can do it.

By the way, have you been to the Fitzgerald Theatre up there in St. Paul. I would so love to go, especially to see Garrison Keillor, but I have never been so far north.

Hang in there.

Curtis

Hi Wendy,

Just wanted to pipe in here and share with you that one of our support group members had Mesothelioma and she had 17 lymph nodes removed. I can NOT remember how many were cancerous, but she's a LONG TERM survivor and doing well today. She was unable to do chemo due to serious reactions. hummm I can't remember if she did radiation treatments or not?!?!?! Maybe Donna G can remember.

On the other hand, I had a Surgical biopsy done and they removed 6 lymph nodes during that, and none of them had cancer. HOWEVER, when they did removed my left lung they did take four more and two of them had cancer. So in total I have had 10 removed!!

I'm with Becky on this one, at least they took all the little buggers and poof the cancer when with them.

And Curtis, your MORE then welcome to head on up here to Minnesota and check things out. There are enough of us on the board from Minnesota that will give you the Grand Tour!!! :D HOWEVER, they did say that (S) word on our News today that we MIGHT see some (S) tonight, so you might want to wait for it to warm up?! :wink:

Hugs,

Connie

I think Becky said it best - the little buggers were removed!! Most days I try to think on the positive side instead of the negative, but some days it just grab's you.

Thanks for the reminder to think POSITIVE!

Wendy

PS-Curtis I have never been to the Fitzgerald but I have heard great things about it. MN is a great state for the theater!