Thank you to Katie & Rick

Debi

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Katie and Rick for all their efforts. For those of you who haven't heard, it rained like hell yesterday in the Dallas area and once again, Katie's efforts were compromised by the weather.

I made it to the park, thanks to Rick who I had to keep calling for directions. Note: When in the Dallas area, stay off of ALL roads that say 114, 121 or 114/121 N,S,E,W. They are a trap and will take you nowhere. :shock: It only took me 3 1/2 rainy hours to get there, when normally it would be under 2. (I have lived far too long in the sticks, and have now become a hick and unable to drive in the big city. I need to get a pick up truck and put a goat in the back..it is official).

Anyway, Rick of course is my hero, because he was able to direct me there somehow. I also got to meet Cheryl and Jack, who are wonderful, kind people. Cheryl is actually the first person that I have physically met that has lung cancer (that I know of, of course), so yesterday was an amazing day for me, that I got to meet all these people in the flesh. I already had met Katie, and know already that she is great.. so that was no surprise!!

The day may have been a disappointment to Katie because of the blasted rain, but Katie, it was wonderful to spend part of my day with all of you. I am SO glad that you and Rick afford us the opportunity to have this website, and to be able to have days like yesterday. You guys do SO much, and I know are underappreciated at times, but I can't even put into words how great it is to have all this..I SO appreciate you guys..

Yesterday was a reminder about how important you all are and how special this website is. I haven't donated yet to anything for Lung Cancer Awareness month so I intend to donate to the site today. I hope that everyone reading this takes a moment to take the time to do so if possible, if they haven't already (I'm always late!).

Thanks again to Katie and Rick for all that you do ...

Hey Folks,

I echo Debi's sentiments. Despite the rain and cold, it was a heart warming event. Katie is absolutely adorable, and she and Rick are awsome people. They worked so hard on this event, the live band was excellent! The clown had a huge a**, like Shanainai (Sp). Thanks to Katie's brothers for all their help too. The candle light ceremony filled my eyes with tears as Katie listed all those who have passed away from this board due to this dreaded disease.

Debi added some humor relief, as she is even twice as funny in person. She kept me in stitches. What a real deal she is.

Again, I want to thank Katie and Rick. I hope that you all can find room in your hearts to donate what you can to help find a cure for lung cancer.

Cheryl

Absolutely, thank you guys. I was so happy to see you guys in person. The rain was a bummer but the day was anything but a loss. It was great and I am so happy that Debi, Jack, Cheryl made it out and I could finally meet them. The band was great and we just all basically had a party in the park.

Rick...

Oh, darn that rain after all your hard work. I am sorry that things didn't work out, but at least you had some good company to spend time with. (Boy, who decided Nov. was a good month for Lung Cancer Awareness??) Our event was lucky enough to avoid the rain. It turned out pretty good, but I was disappointed with attendance. I'll post more in the Activism section.

I also want to express my appreciation for all you do.

Thank you Katie and Rick. So sorry that those weathermen turned out to be right!!!!!

I also have not seen ANYTHING about lung cancer in the local media, even after I've e-mailed them about LCAM. It is so frustrating. However, I'm still seeing stories about breast cancer........

TAnn

I would like to thank you as well for the effort you and Rick put forth to make the public at large aware of this disease we all love to hate.

Please let me know how i can go about donating to this site. It might be complicated because of my living here in Canada. Let me know how this can be done.

Again, thx from the bottom of my heart for all that you are, that you do, and have no doubt will continue to do.

God Bless Us All,

Francine

Katie,

I will get them developed this weekend to see what I've got. I will send them to you as soon as I get them developed. I remember Debi saying that you were making fun of her for standing behind people, because she brought them such bad luck.Ha! So, I think I got her alone! Hee Hee :lol:

Cheryl

Hey, don't you guys go looking for pictures with me in them... it won't break my heart if you don't post any with my hair plastered to my face and my makeup all run off my face from the rain....

Katie's brother's battery didn't die..it was stolen... :twisted: Cheryl, just let me know where your dropping the film off... 8)