Tough Time

tnmynatt

Merry Christmas everyone.

Charlie has not been doing well. We are in Florida visiting my parents with the kids. His dad came up to be with us. It is getting difficult to cope with the holiday on top of all this. How will I make it through tomorrow without loosing it? Any ideas? Sorry to whine. Take care.

Dear Tina,

First, you're not whining. I consider your post a cry for help, not whining at all. What's going on with Charlie? Did he start having a bad time after you got down there?

I don't know what's going on, but we will help you get through it in any way we can. The first thing I'm going to do is pray. If you have time and need to talk, please tell us more. I'll be checking in here over the next couple of hours, so you are not alone.

Love and prayers,

Peggy

Try as hard as you can to shoot for good MOMENTS... not for a good year, or a good Christmas, or even a good morning.... just for one good cup of coffee or cocoa. Then maybe enjoy a gift. Maybe you can enjoy a pet, or a service or a blanket or the paper, or one moment here or there - each and any little moment or memory or comfort you can grab. Just take one here or there at a time... ok?

Thanks for all of your wonderful replies. I am making it...minute by minute as Katie suggested.

Charlie got an infection last Sat. and I had to take him to the ER. They wanted to put him in the hospital. Given the fact that we were leaving on a family vacation, the oncologist on call decided to give him an IV antibiotic, send him home and then put him on some really strong oral antibiotics. We delayed our trip a day until he started improving. However, he has been totally wiped out all week. He has been sleeping on and off most of the time. It is very disconcerting. I am still praying and hoping that it is just the infection and not anything else happening.

Part of my call for help is the added stress it puts me under with everyone seeing him like this--my parents, his dad and our kids. I feel that I have to really put my best face on for them all to keep them from overreacting...very tiring.

Anyway, today has been wonderful. I think Charlie is improving everyday. We are headed for a 4 hr. trip tomorrow to his dad's house for a few days...outside Ft. Myers. Hope he is well enough to spend a couple of days on Ft. Myers Beach before heading back to TN. Take care and Happy Holidays!

I will try to update you somewhere along the way.

Tina,

I'm glad to hear that you think Charlie is doing a little better, but sorry that this special time of year has been so stressful for you. :(

I sure hope that he continues to get better and that you have a great time visiting with his dad at Ft. Myers Beach, and also that you have nice warm weather down there. :)

All my love and prayers,

Peggy