Out d--n spot

Don M

Don..

Hold the press, don't panic!! Yeah, easy to say to someone else, right? :roll:

There have been so many times on this board where something showed up and next time it was proved to not be there..its happened several times just lately.

Will keep everything crossed for ya anyway but I'm sure it will be alright..

hi,

well here's to shadows! let there be shadows which only appear on one view.

best of luck on this one.

but grrr? i'm trying not to go there but rather to take these cards and play them. i've gotten to draw more than once and i'm not quite sure of the rules yet!

yours,

ken

Thanks all for your support.

I had my fluoroscopy today. The chance of it being a shadow was eliminated and the spot is still there. I talked to the radiologist immediately afterwards. He showed me the xray from 3 months ago where he thought there might be something then, although the onco had said nothing about it last time, and then showed me the present state. It shows more clearly in the current image. Then we looked at a ct scan from last May. The spot in the xray and in the May 11 ct scan were of the same size and location. It and the report were done by a different radiologist. The present radiologist was not privy to the details and report of the May 11 scan until he looked at it today. An excerpt: “it (the spot) conceivably represents postoperative scarring or residual from the prior disease, although I cannot exclude a new nodular density.” So, it seems as if the spot has been there since last May, and is still the same size. We are going to do another ct scan to check for change from last May.

Since my surgery last Jan, I have been having very short visits with my onc. He would tell me the xray or scan was ok and I would leave. Today I got copies of all radiology reports since my surgery. The May report addresses some other new features also. They were never brought up by my onc so I guess he considered the structures not important.

Monday I am going to call him and ask him to discuss the report from last May and why he did not consider new features significant. I am going to get copies of all my radiology reports from now on and discuss them with my oncologist.

I guess I don’t feel so worried about it now. It is not like something popped up suddenly in the last 3 months. But the last few days have been a somewhat of a churner for me. I figured I had this disease licked for sure but am not going to be so complacent about it any more.

Anyway, thanks again for your responses. I read them more than once these past few days.

Don,

Sorry to hear the news there is 'something' there, but if it's been since last May, which is almost a year, and it hasn't grown, maybe, maybe, maybe it's nothing.

You know, I think as survivors we are watched so closely that all kinds of stuff pops up....we've seen it so many times with other members on the board, and it turns out to be just benign stuff that people get as they age.

My oncologist is happy my surgeon doesn't do CT scans every three months. She says that all kinds of nothing stuff shows up on those, and then we get put through all kinds of unnecessary testing. THAT I don't need, that's for sure!

I also think that if the same guy (in my case, my chest surgeon) is looking at every x-ray as it gets done and comparing to previous (which he all has), then he will not miss anything, no matter how small.

I sure do hope this works out well for you, and please keep us posted.

Cindy

hello, how do you feel since your operation.. im new to this board,, my father just xray and/ct.. and its determined a 'spot' in upper lobe...

next is biopsy.. just wondering how you feel.. my best to you..

and to all on this site..

Rob,

Glad you posted and welcome to the board no one really wants to be a member of! :?

I think you will find all kinds of information here to help you; and I think that I can speak for most of us who had surgery by saying that we are doing real good afterwards. There is a healing curve, of course, and some things may not be quite the same as before, but it is definitely doable!! I'm sure Don and others will follow me with their answers...

Please come back and let us know the results of your dad's biopsy. I am glad you found us..

Rob: Welcome to this site. I feel fine. I was fairly active 3 months after my operation. I felt like my old self again by 5 months. I just feel a little stiffness in my back sometimes. I did physical therapy after the operation and it helped. I think the worst part for me was just waiting to have the operation once I decided to do it. It sounds like your father found out early if he has cancer. I found out early and I was told that I was "lucky" and I guess I was. I hope all goes welll for your father.

Rob: Welcome to this site. I feel fine. I was fairly active 3 months after my operation. I felt like my old self again by 5 months. I just feel a little stiffness in my back sometimes. I did physical therapy after the operation and it helped. I think the worst part for me was just waiting to have the operation once I decided to do it. It sounds like your father found out early if he has cancer. I found out early and I was told that I was "lucky" and I guess I was. I hope all goes welll for your father.

don, thanks for your response...., im glad you feel good.. since discovery, 3 long days ago.. i pray my father and our family is as brave as all of you.. best wishes