PhD awarded

kimblanchard

Curtis,

Becky was such a wonderful woman. A great mother, wife and teacher. I am so glad to know that her achievements are noted by her peers and associates. This is an honor I wish she could have been here to celebrate. I know she is happy with you and Katie and will always be proud of you. It is good that so many are also proud of her.

Nina

I sat and cried a lot on Friday after receiving this. I was angry because this was supposed to represent a beginning and not an ending. And yet, I guess in a way this is a beginning. Not the one we envisioned or wanted all those years she was working towards this. But a beginning nonetheless. I am grateful for all the expressions of tenderness. I don't need a reminder of how lovely a wife I had, but they are nice all the same.

Curtis

That was so bittersweet. I'm at my desk at work with tears rolling down my face. I usually don't read your posts (sorry!), because it breaks my heart that Becky passed away so young, leaving such a young child. As sad as it was to read, I am happy they are awarding this to Becky.

Fondly,

Alisa

Wow! That is such a special honor. One more way to show how all those who knew Becky thought so highly of her. I felt the "bitter sweet" aspect as I read the letter but what really struck me is the way it shows that Becky is still with you and Katie, as a great wife, mother and role model. This is very touching.

Wishing you and Katie all the best.

Dear Curtis,

Just when I get cynical about the educational establishment....this is very special. I know how proud, and sad, you are ; how important this will be to you and to Katie; and how emblematic it is of the strength and purpose you shared as a family. I'm glad you'll be there; and Becky will be there as well. You all deserve congratulations for this.

Ellen