Greetings Everyone

Remembering Dave

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post last week. I saw my Onc today and told him I WANT MY PROCRIT!!!!!! Unfortunately he said I could not get the procrit until next week due to the Anaresp still in my system. MAN!!!! He did say that from everything he can see I am in remission!!!!!! We will do another CT Scan after all my treatments are over. He said my counts today were lower than they have ever been and he doubts that they will be up enough to have my last chemo as scheduled this coming monday-wed. , hopefully I will prove him wrong, I am ready for chemo to be over and done with. After that I have the PCI (brain radiation). I had a pretty good 4th holiday weekend. My sisters family came and stayed the weekend (my folks have been here since I was diagnosed in March). We had a cookout and they all went to Warsaw Virginia for the fireworks. I did not go due to the fact that I was totaly worn out and Karen and I had to leave at 6:30 the following morning to go get a new puppy. Yep, we got a puppy. We got another Chocolate Lab to replace Miles (my smoking buddy and the best dog that ever lived who ran away 1 month prior to my diagnoses). I think I am crazy. He is 7 weeks old and has peed inside more times than I can count. I have caught him everytime (I think)and have taken him outside to finish. Hopefully he will be potty trained soon but actually it is good since he is giving me something to do and I have been more active in the past few days taking care of him (and cleaning up after him) than I have been in a while. I sure hope everyone has a good week. Keep the Faith and fight, fight, fight!!!

David C

HELLO AND GREAT GOING DAVID,

SO GOOD TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS TODAY. I REALLY NEEDED THAT FOR AFTER READING THE POSTS FROM SHELLY AND CHRISTINA I WAS REALLY WIPED OUT.

I LOVE ANIMALS ALSO. IT WON'T TAKE LONG AND HE SHOULD BE HOUSE-BROKE AND THEN TIME TO TEACH HIM WHAT NO MEANS WHEN HE IS CHEWING UP THE FURNITURE. HA HA.

GLAD YOU MOM AND DAD ARE NEAR BY. THAT IS GREAT COMFORT TO THEM TO BE WITH YOU. YOU KNOW YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THEIR LITTLE BOY LIKE MINE IS TO ME..... GOD BLESS

Dave,

So glad for you and the great news! "in remission!" What wonderful words those are. I bet your family is thrilled, as we all are here at the lc board.

I just recently got a pom puppy. She looks like a little fruit bat. She chews on my toes and hands till I get up out of bed in the mornning, then barks at me when I am in the kitchen till I fix her breakfast. She is bartely eight weeks and goes in and out the dog door to potty! We have 4 dogs and 2 horses now, and they make me stay active to care for them. But the joy and unconditional love I receive from them is well worth the effort!

Hi David C.

Oh David, I have to say that is great news about being in remission!! HOORAY!!! I'm hoping and praying your blood count will be all back to normal by Monday so you can continue with your chemo!

Glad to hear your having a nice time with your family as well. That is wonderful!

A NEW PUPPY???? Good for you guys!! We had a bassett hound for 14 years and had to have her put down this last Dec. :cry: I just can't find the energy to get another, and after listening to you talk about your puppy peeeeeeing all over the place, you have helped me to continue to be PUPPILESS!! (that's okay though)!! I just don't want to go through the training ordeal again, and our bassett never left the yard,(she was such a good girl) so I'm pretty sure I won't be finding a puppy that will do that!! :roll::roll:

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Keep up the good work and stay strong and positive. Prayers and Much Support is here in your corner!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

So Glad you are feeling well David, and things are going in a positive direction.

Dogs are great my dog who usually ignores me always can sense when I'm not feeling well and follow me around the house and lays by my side, but only when I'm not feeling well they have such a sense about people.

David.

I LOVE fantastic, inspirational, uplifting posts such as yours; I am a firm believer that news like this has a ripple effect on those of us who read it. Stories such as these should - no, they MUST be all put in one place!! After hearing replies from newcomers to this board for a while now, one thing they all crave is that one story that will give them a little glimmer of hope, "well, if David C's cancer can go into remission, so can mine, or my dad's". WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A DEDICATED INSPIRATION FORUM???

David, sorry for using your post for this, but I think stories of remission and survival belong all together, not sprinkled throughout the message board. And if anyone hasn't noticed, the "Spiritual, Inspirational, Prayer"

forum has NO stories of inspiration in it - just prayer requests. The old "Ispiration" forum was piled with fantastically uplifting stories - Judy was even going to see if she could get them published. I don't mean to cause any trouble here, and I know each forum costs money, and is more work for Rick, but I would gladly send in some $$ to get the Inspiration forum back. Thanks David C for such an inspirational post.

Sincerely, David Piercy