dad diagnosed stage IV lc last may

carls

My dad was diagnosed with stage IV lc last May. When I first found out I tried to find as much information online as I could. It was not helpful because the information I was getting was very discouraging. When I finally found this website that all changed. This site offers so much hope!!! My dad is on a second form of chemo becuase the first chemo did not work and the cancer spread to his brain and bones. He is still going for chemo and he has had radiation on his brain and bones. We are trying to stay positive!

Dear Carls,

I know this is really the last place you WANT to be but we are all here to help. Please feel free to chime in any time you need encouragement, hope or even just to vent. We are all so happy when we can be of help to others. Just do everything you can to keep your attitude positive & know that there are so many here who are beating the odds & doing a pretty darned good job at it.

God bless & my prayers are with you,

Melanie

Welcome, sorry to hear about your dad. Speaking only for myself. I'm at stage IV and I'm now on my 6 chemo treatment and filth line of (see my profile) treatment overall. This is not a death sentence. I still have a life. I'm not saying it is easy, but it is doable. Statistic are based on groups of people, not individuals. Stay positive, stay focus. There is always hope! Hope this helps. Prayers for the best. Rich

I am sorry to hear about your dada. I am glad you found this site. you can come here any time to seek encouragement or to get info. I hope the second chemo works. Just remember, there is always another option. You and your dad have my best wishes and prayers.

Hi Carl,

I see that it has been a rough 9 or 10 months for you and your family too. My husband was diagnosed Stage IV last May as well and is now on his second line of chemo. I hope that your father does well on this new chemo. Please come back often and let us know his progress. This is a wonderful environment for support and questions.

Hi Carls, and welcome.

If you stay with this site, you will find there is much reason to stay positive. Mum was diagnosed at stage IV 19 months ago, and while the disease has slowly progressed, she continues to live well, and we continue to be hopeful that the next treatment will be 'the one'!!

Karen

Hi Carl. Being postive includes making fun times. Watching comedies, laughing, smiling. These are good things that actually change your body chemistry. I know this may sound difficult to do, cancer is not fun but it does help get your mind off it for a while. Donna G