Hair growth

BoBennett

For a little encouragement purposes for the rest of you bald folks nearing the end of a regimen. I am only out 6 weeks from my last treatment and I have some serious hair growth happening. Even though I can still legitimately say I haven’t got a hair, Its nice to have a little coming in. Fortunately I have a treatment next week to work on the cancer. No problem.

Bo

Hey Bo,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm 6 MONTHS from my last treatment, which was wbr, and just this past weekend I've seen some growth. But as all things go with this disease, "it ain't pretty"! :? I have a "patch" of hair growing in on the back of my bald head and it is really black. (I'm a sandy blonde normally) I don't mind the color, just give me more than a "patch"!!!!! Oh well, I'm not complaining, just slightly amused :P

TAnn

I do not want to discourage anyone. When mine grew back it was grayer Hummm. Also I had some new colic's or curls that would not lay down. I tried several hair cuts, but still it did not look right. I just gave in and cut it all off down to 1/8 if an inch.

Also the receding hair line before chemo was still receding.

I have noticed that the Tarceva rash that was in my hair has improved since I cut it off.

The Jack Benny in me likes the savings on shampoo and cream rinse.

Oh do you think I can get the rest of the family to join me? I have one convert, Tyler. Only three more to go.

John

It's been 3 months since my last bout with chemo and losing my hair.

Today marked a milestone as I actually had to go to the hairdresser and have my hair trimmed and shaped. Oh nice!!!!! It' very thick and somewhat curlier.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hugs to you all,

CathyR

Glad to hear about the new growth! It feels pretty weird doesn't it? I am with John, mine came in much grayer than before :oops: I have so many funky collicks and hair growing all directions that it is pretty hilarious.

Now I am a fan of all of the fun hair products out there trying to make it look somewhat "normal" until it gets a little longer -

But, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I do miss the day (just a little) when I could hop out of bed and not worry about the hair looking presentable.

Enjoy the experience :P

Wendy

I have been thinking about posting a question about this, so this works!

Mom had WBR in January, so she is still bald. Like TAnn, I think hair growth will be a while. However, since she has taken Alimta, she has some new hair loss, her eyelashes and eyebrows. Has anyone else had hair loss on Alimta?

Well mine did come back somewhat quickly, within three months of my last treatment, I had a head cover and thicker, but grayer, but hair, It is now down past my shoulders, and somewhat unruly at times. Chemo does make changes.... Glad to hear we all have similar experiences, Blessed are we that endure.......gina

The Alimta has not caused nay hair lose on me like the the last treatment, EXCEPT my eyelashes! My eyes are the most perfect part of my body (and it's saying alot to give myself a complement) and my damn eye lashes are falling out! :) Go figure! l would almost rather be bald but with my long beautiful eyelashes. Oh well, I'm alive. We can find some tiny ones and use mascara when I get desperate!

Len had his last chemo at the end of August and his hair began coming back six weeks later. By Thanksgiving it had spread all over his head although it was still very short. But by New Years it was getting longer and very curly (he usually has frizzy, dry hair -- this was different) and some of it was back to the dark brown it had been years before. He ended up getting a hair cut last month and guess what -- it's back to being frizzy, not curly. It was fun while it lasted!

Ellen